PDA

View Full Version : Tourer Tailgate Opening Window.

tourer
16th June 2016, 16:02
Hi,
Does anyone know how to adjust the catch for the opening window on a Tourer tailgate?
For the last few years mine has been perfect for the majority of the time, but as soon as the hot sun gets on the window I have a lot of difficulty getting it to latch shut no matter how hard I slam it. It is a worry in case I have problems when away from home.
As long as it is not hot there is no problem.
All suggestions gratefully received as I am going away for a few days soon with friends in my car and it will be embarrassing if I cannot close the window.
Many thanks.

QuestionMark
16th June 2016, 17:46
Hi,
Does anyone know how to adjust the catch for the opening window on a Tourer tailgate?
For the last few years mine has been perfect for the majority of the time, but as soon as the hot sun gets on the window I have a lot of difficulty getting it to latch shut no matter how hard I slam it. It is a worry in case I have problems when away from home.
As long as it is not hot there is no problem.
All suggestions gratefully received as I am going away for a few days soon with friends in my car and it will be embarrassing if I cannot close the window.
Many thanks.

Here's the recipe (I think):

1. Open window
2. Remove the catch cover by unscrewing to nuts
3. Behind the catch there's a large nut, loosen it a little bit
4. Now you can shorten and lenghten the catch by turning it respectively clockwise and anti-clockwise
5. Add a little bit of lenght, it shouldn't take more than a turn or two (anti-clockwise)
6. Make sure that the catch is aligned with the lock and tighten the large nut before you shut the window carefully
7. Make adjustments if necessary
8. Check dashboard or lock doors to verify that the car approves (if not, you'll get a tailgate open light / doors not properly shut beep)
9. Put cover back on
10. Tell friends that the only embarassement to your car is their faces inside of it :p:

tourer
16th June 2016, 17:58
Here's the recipe (I think):

1. Open window
2. Remove the catch cover by unscrewing to nuts
3. Behind the catch there's a large nut, loosen it a little bit
4. Now you can shorten and lenghten the catch by turning it respectively clockwise and anti-clockwise
5. Add a little bit of lenght, it shouldn't take more than a turn or two (anti-clockwise)
6. Make sure that the catch is aligned with the lock and tighten the large nut before you shut the window carefully
7. Make adjustments if necessary
8. Check dashboard or lock doors to verify that the car approves (if not, you'll get a tailgate open light / doors not properly shut beep)
9. Put cover back on
10. Tell friends that the only embarassement to your car is their faces inside of it :p:

Many thanks.:bowdown:
Will have a look as soon as it stops raining.

tourer
16th June 2016, 18:15
Many thanks.:bowdown:
Will have a look as soon as it stops raining.

Even more thanks.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Couldn't wait for it to stop raining so just went and did it.
Why didn't I think of that?:shrug: Took three minutes! Just lengthened catch half a turn.
Now need the sun again to test it fully.:}:}

QuestionMark
16th June 2016, 18:23
Even more thanks.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Couldn't wait for it to stop raining so just went and did it.
Why didn't I think of that?:shrug: Took three minutes! Just lengthened catch half a turn.
Now need the sun again to test it fully.:}:}

You're welcome! :}

Sometimes the most obvious solution is too simple to think of!

tourer
16th June 2016, 19:11
You're welcome! :}

Sometimes the most obvious solution is too simple to think of!

Think I was misled by one of the trade gurus from this club who told me to adjust the hinges at the top of the window.
This made no sense to me so never pursued it as the problem rarely troubled me.
Thanks again.