PDA

View Full Version : Interior door handle..help please.

aguy
18th June 2016, 17:46
So my drivers interior door handle has become loose i.e. flops about rather than spring back.

It still works okay but my question is, am I likely to lose the cable off it's hook if I carry on using it as it is and what can I do to fix it.

I have seen posts of how to take the handle assembly off the door card but not on how to take up the slack.

klarzy
18th June 2016, 18:01
So my drivers interior door handle has become loose i.e. flops about rather than spring back.

It still works okay but my question is, am I likely to lose the cable off it's hook if I carry on using it as it is and what can I do to fix it.

I have seen posts of how to take the handle assembly off the door card but not on how to take up the slack.

If there is slack then one of 3 things has happened...

1, One of the ends of the cable is slipping out of the collar
2, The cable outer is worn or damaged on one end
3, The cable inner has stretched or pulled out of one of the end hooks.

I would check the end connections and if ok then get a new cable...

turbo_billy
18th June 2016, 19:03
Had this happen on the ZT. When dismantled, a piece of the casting where the small spring for the door handle hooked to had sheared off. Replacement from the local scrappy for £4 including cable and job done.
Oh, and should be fine to use as mine was like it for a long while until I finally got fed up of looking at it.

jackatesme
18th June 2016, 20:33

Thanks for that,just noticed mine has got a bit floppy, (DOOR HANDLE)I.E.:D

aguy
18th June 2016, 21:16
Thanks for that,just noticed mine has got a bit floppy, (DOOR HANDLE)I.E.:D

Nice to have company.:D

Thanks so much all, I was hoping for a quick fix without having to take off the door card but I'll pop the handle off tomorrow and see what's going on, bearing in mind your suggestions, cheers.

Arctic
18th June 2016, 23:18
Could be a weak spring on the handle it's self seen it a few times at the nano meets if so change the handle, easy job about and sometimes you can change it with out removing the door card if it is the spring. ;)