PDA

View Full Version : What is this connector for?

75driver
18th June 2016, 23:43
While checking the plenum to see if I had a BBUS, I came across this connector?
Can you folks tell me what it's for?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160618/d4d1a71db8e2f0df97b9be4003b53180.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamiewelch
19th June 2016, 09:01
That's the connector for the BBUS. You can check without taking that off, just leave a door open and press the lock button, if it sounds like a horn honk then you don't have it. The BBUS chirps. But if you were wondering no, you don't have a BBUS. Don't get one and plug it in though otherwise the alarm will sound continuously. The ZCS coding of the car has to be altered before you can fit one.

75driver
19th June 2016, 09:51
Ahh. Thanks for that.
When I seen the horn on the rhs of the photo, I thought this might have been BBUS, but wasn't sure. (It does give a horn type peep, when tested like you say).
I think it will be easier to replace my xenons with projectors, as I've been told BBUS needs to be installed for operation of the headlight washer pump.
(HLW's DO need to be operational for MOT in NI, if xenons are fitted.)

HarryM1BYT
19th June 2016, 10:00
Ahh. Thanks for that.
When I seen the horn on the rhs of the photo, I thought this might have been BBUS, but wasn't sure. (It does give a horn type peep, when tested like you say).

I'm not sure what all of the advantages are, if any, but...

The BBUS has an internal rechargeable battery, so even if the main battery is disconnected, the alarm noise will continue. I suspect many of the internal batteries will by now need replacement.

MrWill75V6
22nd June 2016, 10:14
Maybe a silly question, but what's a BBUS?

neilbaker86
22nd June 2016, 10:24
I believe it stands for 'Battery BackUp System'? Or something like that anyway!

Basically it's an alarm siren with a built-in battery which will allow the siren to keep going should someone disconnect the car battery.

Greeners
22nd June 2016, 18:19
I believe it stands for 'Battery BackUp System'? Or something like that anyway!

Basically it's an alarm siren with a built-in battery which will allow the siren to keep going should someone disconnect the car battery.

Close - Its Sounder rather Than System

royoftherovers
22nd June 2016, 18:35
hi all there is an unused blue 6 pin plug on my 75 connie between the two heated seat switches what is it for.

neilbaker86
22nd June 2016, 18:36
hi all there is an unused blue 6 pin plug on my 75 connie between the two heated seat switches what is it for.

Probably wiring for the electric rear blind.

klarzy
22nd June 2016, 20:08
Traction or cruise, I think the read blind is green

Jamiewelch
22nd June 2016, 20:10
Traction or cruise, I think the read blind is green

Traction is blue, Cruise is black and blind is green.

neilbaker86
22nd June 2016, 23:24
So out of interest what would've happened if you had heated seats, a rear blind, traction control, cruise control and smartnav? That would make 6 switches? Or was one of those not available with the other?

royoftherovers
23rd June 2016, 22:24
thanks for the help i have since found two plugs blue and green, blue is traction control and green is for the blind i would like both on my car but the t/c could involve some work not so for r/b.

grivas
24th June 2016, 04:25
thanks for the help i have since found two plugs blue and green, blue is traction control and green is for the blind i would like both on my car but the t/c could involve some work not so for r/b.

May be it is too early in the morning, so forgive me, t/c, r/b what on Earth is happening to the E/L.!!