PDA

View Full Version : incorrect o/s error message

smeegol
19th June 2016, 19:30
I had a problem with the ipk showing n/s dipped beam bulb out ( which was not ) and the error would not turn off. After the lsm was changed due to brake lights not working, the error went out and it now shows the o/s dipped beam bulb out error message ( again it is not out ). The message never goes off the ipk so whenever i put on the digital speedo display , it goes off after a few seconds and reverts back to the picture of the bulb error message.
Is there anything i can do to get rid of the incorrect error message

Ravinder
19th June 2016, 19:33
I have normally found the IPK to be accurate when showing a bulb error. Have you tried removing the bulb and putting it back in again?

smeegol
19th June 2016, 19:46
the error message was for the n/s dipped beam and then switched to o/s dipped beam error without changing or doing anything to the bulbs. The first error disappeared as though it was fixed and replaced by the second error of the different bulb. The only thing that was changed was when marinabrian changed the Light Swith Module due to my brake lights not working.

klarzy
19th June 2016, 20:02
Are either of the bulbs LED, and if they are are they canbus friendly?

Have you checked the connectors and earth point are free from corrosion?

T-Cut
19th June 2016, 21:05
Could it be the harness rubbing on the chassis problem?

TC

smeegol
23rd June 2016, 15:35
projectors and led side lights are oem and cambus friendly. error sems to have happened swapped from one side to other side without anything being touched apart from the LSM being swapped

suzublu
23rd June 2016, 15:42
When you say you swapped the LSM, did you get it coded to the car?

smeegol
29th June 2016, 18:13
marinabrian swapped the LSM for me and coded it.
The damn car has now decided to revert back to its original decision, that the dipped beam error is now on the N/S and not the O/S ....something not right.
Does anyone on this forum have any ideas please