PDA

View Full Version : Xenon head lights

Ravinder
19th June 2016, 21:46
Hi guys

Looking at some point to replace my standard head lights on my mk1 75 with some xenon head lights. Is it just straight plug and play?

I understand my standard ones have auto levelling?

How does this work if I was to fit xenons?

Also, is there anything else I need or just the lights? Is there an adjuster or switch in the cabin that I may need?

I want it done to oe standard. Many thanks.

klarzy
19th June 2016, 21:50
Hi guys

Looking at some point to replace my standard head lights on my mk1 75 with some xenon head lights. Is it just straight plug and play?

I understand my standard ones have auto levelling?

How does this work if I was to fit xenons?

Also, is there anything else I need or just the lights? Is there an adjuster or switch in the cabin that I may need?

I want it done to oe standard. Many thanks.

you can put them straight in...
you do not need any self level or head light wash.

MOT states "check any self level and HLW systems", it does not state they have to be there, just that they work if they are...

a standard LSM will be fine...

Ravinder
19th June 2016, 22:17
Hi Pete. Although, I may not need it, is it something that is a standard fit on 75s with xenons? If it is, I would still like to have it on the car to make it a "standard" fit. Thanks. :}

klarzy
19th June 2016, 22:56
Hi Pete. Although, I may not need it, is it something that is a standard fit on 75s with xenons? If it is, I would still like to have it on the car to make it a "standard" fit. Thanks. :}

OEM would have both...

T-Cut
20th June 2016, 09:28
I would still like to have it on the car to make it a "standard" fit.

As I understand it, you'll need the front and rear suspension arm senders, the wiring harness, a xenon type light switch unit (without the beam height adjuster wheel) and a T4 session to make it work. I'll be surprised if there isn't a How-To hidden somewhere around here.

TC

barney bear
20th June 2016, 17:18
I put Xenons in our Rosey but I couldn't be bothered messing about with self levelling or the washers. They just plugged straight in and work the same with the wheel on my light module:D Much better for wifey coming home from work at night :bowdown:

Mickyboy
20th June 2016, 17:51
I put Xenons in our Rosey but I couldn't be bothered messing about with self levelling or the washers. They just plugged straight in and work the same with the wheel on my light module:D Much better for wifey coming home from work at night :bowdown:

Yeah I know a few people who have done the same, sometimes keeping it simple is the best way 👍

Ravinder
20th June 2016, 18:13
Cheers guys. I may slowly get it to oe spec. A bit OTT that way. The lights would be a nice addition, however. :}

suzublu
20th June 2016, 18:17
Cheers guys. I may slowly get it to oe spec. A bit OTT that way. The lights would be a nice addition, however. :}

Might be selling mine soon;) Fitting normal projectors instead:cool: