PDA

View Full Version : general door queries

roypick
22nd June 2016, 14:00
Hi everyone i have just joined the 75 club today have bought myself a 75 club diesel year 2000 with 84 000 miles i feel a bit silly asking some of these questions but i did not get any an handbook with the car i have a problem with the rear passenger door has it does not open could anyone please give me some ideas and also how do i get the door panel off would be very grateful for any help

T-Cut
22nd June 2016, 14:23
I did not get any an handbook with the car

Hello Roy, welcome to the Forum.
For the Handbook, this should help -
Download handbook:http://storm.oldcarmanualproject.com/rover75ownersmanual.pdf

TC

roypick
22nd June 2016, 14:31
many thanks t cut on with it as we speak

Heddy
22nd June 2016, 14:38
Welcome, the diesel troubleshooter may help :}
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=198806&postcount=1

roypick
22nd June 2016, 21:42
hi i have bought my first rover 75 and have found the back passenger door is closed and wont open any ideas
thanks

Dragrad
23rd June 2016, 01:38
Welcome to this informative Club :D

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. This may be the better forum as threads get ‘lost’ very quickly in the General Forum.;)

Also thread title amended to reflect your queiries.....

PS: Have a look in the How To's forum as this may give you may some insights......

Heddy
23rd June 2016, 07:53
Welcome, the diesel troubleshooter may help :}
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=198806&postcount=1

Ooops, first time I've done that, replied to the wrong thread! :D

hogweed
23rd June 2016, 09:06
Mine was the same. For years, I had to press the key fob about 3 times to get it open – each time, the little locking pin on top of the door would move up a little more, till it opened. Apparently there’s a little nylon wheel or something inside which wears out.

Then one day it just refused to open completely. Following suggestions here, I bought a used door mechanism from a breaker, and got my local garage to fit it – too fiddly for me, but there are guides here if you’re nimble-fingered enough to do it yourself.

The garage warned me that they might break a clip or two getting the door panel off, but they seem to have managed it OK. I think you just work your way round slowly, till you get enough of it away from the door to get your hand up inside and release the latch…

Good luck!

roypick
23rd June 2016, 13:42
I need to get the panel off my rear door....but the door wont open..any ideas how i can do it..thanks in advance

super s
23rd June 2016, 19:24
think you really need to destroy the door card...

or maybe with some strenght and gimnastics you can be abble to remove the back part of it and secure the clip that holds the bracket, that works along withoutside handle...

maybe someone with more knowledge than me knows a better solution...

lets wait.

klarzy
23rd June 2016, 19:28
Undo the screw in the door opener handle.
Use a firm flat metal blade to pop the fasteners around the edge of the card, you may need to put the seat fully back and fully forward to get at some.
Grab the door pull handle inside.
Pull up sharply to pop the card off of the spring clips near the pull handle.
You will not be able to remove the air vent clip until you open the door but this may give you enough room to get at the mech....

Heddy
23rd June 2016, 19:37
You can get a large screwdriver down from the top edge and try to pry the door card away. You should really push the card up to disengage but no, not possible with the door closed. If you can pry it away enough you may be able to operate the latch if you can get your hand in.

jackatesme
23rd June 2016, 19:52
I had same problem with front door. I was lucky to own a 2ft wooden ruler,dropped window then prodded ruler down near catch area a number of times and unlocked door, i think it was a bit of luck more than judgment. Watch a few crime programs they will show how people break into cars.:D

Dragrad
24th June 2016, 23:35
Threads merged as they are related;)