PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fan Fell Orf.

Heddy
23rd June 2016, 15:54
Well, yes, erm, it fell orf. It's not like the ones I've seen in photographs, they have a cupped cover (maybe that's been lost. All I see is a round hole (6mm?) which goes over the fan shaft. The fan shaft is round but has a rectangle forged on the end around 6mm x4mm. Has anyone got a clip they can post to fix this back on? that's if indeed is what's required.
Cheers.

T-Cut
23rd June 2016, 17:04
The MGR fan blade assembly fits onto a flange on the motor shaft using a three finger clip system. The flange has three square holes into which the fingers fit and lock. You can see the places where the fingers are in this YouTube image -

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/XYsbxyby4ts/hqdefault.jpg

There's also a central hole through which the hex ended shaft protudes. This enables you to hold it steady using a small socket.

The plastic around the centre becomes brittle with heat and aging and it's common for the finger clips to snap off. Maybe yours has come away completely in the central area(?). If so, it will drop off the motor.The only fix is a new blade assembly.

TC

Heddy
23rd June 2016, 17:11
Certainly doesn't look like the picture, no domed 'cap', in fact it's more of a flat recess. No nut/bolt present, just this oblong on the end of the shaft 6 x 5mm, plain hole in the fan. Looks like I'll be visiting the scrappy. :duh:

T-Cut
23rd June 2016, 17:13
Certainly doesn't look like the picture

It sounds like you have a DIY installation. A photo would be interesting.

TC

Heddy
23rd June 2016, 17:22
It sounds like you have a DIY installation. A photo would be interesting.

TC
Can't get a pic at the mo, it's in at the garage overnight for the MOT tomorrow.

Heddy
24th June 2016, 18:13
Ok got pics now, this is how it's always been, except it had a circlip. There was never any domed cover with a warning sticker:shrug: Anyone got a circlip please?
Cheers.

T-Cut
24th June 2016, 18:56
It's not a fan I've seen before, but someone might know it. The guard frame is completely different from standard.
Here's a photo from arctic.

http://i44.tinypic.com/33z5mpg.jpg
TC

Rufras
24th June 2016, 19:25
Looks like a Kenlowe, Jules sells spare circlips but shim it to keep the circlip tight (insulation tape).

clf
24th June 2016, 19:55
Looks like a Kenlowe, Jules sells spare circlips but shim it to keep the circlip tight (insulation tape).

it is a Kenlowe. Kenlowe is moulded onto it. Jules is your man to speak to :}