PDA

View Full Version : Car haunted

Georgies Dad
23rd June 2016, 19:15
its torrential rain here,looked out on drive and windscreen wipers going full pelt,car all turned off and locked,went out and opened car still they are going off,switch in car is off.

Started car up and switched wipers on and off and everything seems ok locked up,now car alarm going off now and then,very strange

klarzy
23rd June 2016, 19:25
its torrential rain here,looked out on drive and windscreen wipers going full pelt,car all turned off and locked,went out and opened car still they are going off,switch in car is off.

Started car up and switched wipers on and off and everything seems ok locked up,now car alarm going off now and then,very strange

water in the electrics bud....

Check the boot where all of your ICE electrics are... kbus...??

super s
23rd June 2016, 19:26
water in ecu, the plenum must be blocked, and as you say that heavy rain in the ecu probably causing witch kind of stuff...

klarzy
23rd June 2016, 19:31
water in ecu, the plenum must be blocked, and as you say that heavy rain in the ecu probably causing witch kind of stuff...

maybe the plenum, but the highline kit in the spare wheel well is susceptible in the wet, especially on estates, through the waist trim, vents, lights, window seal or tailgate seal...

If you find damp, disconnect the battery, pull; the plugs in the boot and dry the kit out over a radiator overnight...

Georgies Dad
23rd June 2016, 19:31

I started the car up and drove around the block with no problems,I rod the plenums weekly .

Georgies Dad
23rd June 2016, 19:45
maybe the plenum, but the highline kit in the spare wheel well is susceptible in the wet, especially on estates, through the waist trim, vents, lights, window seal or tailgate seal...

If you find damp, disconnect the battery, pull; the plugs in the boot and dry the kit out over a radiator overnight...

Just checked in the back Pete,its dry as a bone everywhere no water or damp anywhere

barney bear
23rd June 2016, 19:49
Just checked in the back Pete,its dry as a bone everywhere no water or damp anywhere

Spooky! Get it exorcised soon as Steve, or failing that disconnect your battery until it stops raining and you can have a proper look around.

jackatesme
23rd June 2016, 19:55
Who you going to call? GHOSTBUSTERS:}

Georgies Dad
23rd June 2016, 19:56
Who you going to call? GHOSTBUSTERS:}
that's a blast from the past:D

Georgies Dad
23rd June 2016, 19:58
Spooky! Get it exorcised soon as Steve, or failing that disconnect your battery until it stops raining and you can have a proper look around.

Was envisaging stocking the garage with spare parts:eek:

klarzy
23rd June 2016, 20:02
Was envisaging stocking the garage with spare parts:eek:

Spare us your parts in stockings Steve..... Please!!!!

Georgies Dad
24th June 2016, 11:47
Car all checked over,everything dry as a bone,I suspect the ecu was very nearly flooded due to the torrential rain and has now hopefully dried out

NigelOBB
24th June 2016, 16:42
I've had the same problem before Steve, it turned out to be water getting in to the Satnav drive in the boot.
Could also be water ingress on the BCU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk