PDA

View Full Version : Both side lights out.

andrewinpopayan
24th June 2016, 16:03
I have a strange fault. Both of the front side lights are not working. I checked the bulbs, both OK, If I get out of the car with the sidelights switched "on" then the >gong< goes off. If I remove a bulb the warning pops up on the IDK. I can't think of anything I have done to it to make this happen. Everything else works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks
Andrew

Lee T
24th June 2016, 16:19
Probably useless but cant think of anything else from your post, have you tried new bulbs just incase? Lee.

andrewinpopayan
24th June 2016, 16:35
Not only new Lee, I tested them before I put them in. Going to check for voltage and grounding on them................:shrug:

Lee T
24th June 2016, 16:47
Would of thought warning light should show if there is no complete circuit. Could be an L.S.M issue i wonder?

clf
24th June 2016, 17:28
have you used TOAF perhaps? I have read of issues relating to it and sidelights doing strange things.

cb750chris
24th June 2016, 17:49
have you used TOAF perhaps? I have read of issues relating to it and sidelights doing strange things.
I have heard this too. Will try and find the post.
Edit: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=2280230&postcount=211

andrewinpopayan
24th June 2016, 22:26
Yes, I did use TOAF, I had a weepy injector and never thought to check my lights afterwards :-( I can make up a "work-around" for it, but it's blinking annoying

clf
24th June 2016, 23:06
Yes, I did use TOAF, I had a weepy injector and never thought to check my lights afterwards :-( I can make up a "work-around" for it, but it's blinking annoying

First time I had a go with TOAF, I disabled the HRW and my boot release no longer worked. I dont know if I did anything, but I dont recall, but it turned out, the tailgate release and the boot release were both selected! My car is a saloon. Unchecked the tailgate release and all was good again.

If I recall there are sidelight options in one of the modules.

andrewinpopayan
26th June 2016, 00:02
Cheers CLF, I couldn't find any sidelight options. I will give it a go tomorrow, failing that I'll call BigRuss and failing that, I have a cunning plan involving a trailer relay :-)

andrewinpopayan
27th June 2016, 11:40
!BUMP!

Still having no sucess, any ideas? anyone?

Sector-9
27th June 2016, 19:58
I can send you my LSM backup if you want, though your own would be better due to things like VIN and mileage - not sure if they'd get altered or not.

clf
27th June 2016, 21:18
!BUMP!

Still having no sucess, any ideas? anyone?

did you do a back up before doing anything with TOAF, and if you did, have you tried to load that back up?

I think the version I saw the sidelight options was in the version 43. I havent used it often, so I cannot remember exactly where it is. But there are options for headlights , running lights etc. It is amongst that. Possibly one of the alternative settings, eg day running lights is activated. This is what happened to my boot release. The tailgate release was selected, even though I did not select it.

murphyv310
27th June 2016, 21:22
Hi.
I think it's to do with DRL settings on Toaf. If you have played around with turning on DRL'S with it you loose the sidelights.
My advice is ALWAYS back up each module prior to altering anything.
OK so that's my advice, try downloading the new version and then carefully look at each option for the LSM (LCM) and any that seem odd change it, do a backup first in case you make things worse. If no joy you will need a T4 or VT4 session.
Toaf is OK but again I say a Back up is obligatory.
Good Luck

andrewinpopayan
27th June 2016, 21:27
Thanks for the offer, all sorted now by :bowdown: BigRuss :bowdown: , sorry to say the the problems were CAUSED by TOAF. or at least by using it..

Having looked at the TOAF software, it's full of bugs and glitches. Sure it APPEARS to do some things OK, but it behaves the same as doing brain surgery with a blunt fork, it screw up the cars firmware in an unpredictable manner. If you thought MS Windows was buggy, well TOAF will possibly give your car the "blue screen of death".

I count myself as VERY lucky that :bowdown: BigRuss :bowdown: was able tore-install the firmware with his T4. The >backup< on TOAF is completely useless. My advice is to delete it as soon as possible and don't be tempted to use it.

Andrew

murphyv310
27th June 2016, 21:32
Thanks for the offer, all sorted now by :bowdown: BigRuss :bowdown: , sorry to say the the problems were CAUSED by TOAF. or at least by using it..

Having looked at the TOAF software, it's full of bugs and glitches. Sure it APPEARS to do some things OK, but it behaves the same as doing brain surgery with a blunt fork, it screw up the cars firmware in an unpredictable manner. If you thought MS Windows was buggy, well TOAF will possibly give your car the "blue screen of death".

I count myself as VERY lucky that :bowdown: BigRuss :bowdown: was able tore-install the firmware with his T4. The >backup< on TOAF is completely useless. My advice is to delete it as soon as possible and don't be tempted to use it.

Andrew

Hi Andrew.
I've got both Toaf & T4, Toaf is OK so long as you do the back up, never had a problem with any back up whatsoever, the problem is if you change something and haven't done a back up initially. I also have found that some of the leads can introduce glitches, the cheap ones are especially bad, that isn't Toafs fault but can lead to people blaming it beacuse they had an issue.

andrewinpopayan
27th June 2016, 22:27
I can send you my LSM backup if you want, though your own would be better due to things like VIN and mileage - not sure if they'd get altered or not.

Yes, if you would be so kind as to send me a copy of the .BIN file, I'll compare it with mine.

andrewinpopayan
27th June 2016, 22:34
IKE :
ID : YAC112411 , HW : 03 SW : 10 CI : 03
VIN : 2D236488
Odometer : 342689 km
Errors : 2
BE - light module-EEPROM error
BF - IKE-EEPROM error, coding incorrect/incomplete
ZCS :
GM : 732E0121-H
SA : 6921014094000402-E
VN : 00100000

TOAF does nor re-write the code correctly, even using a backup TOAF seems incapable of reloading the EEPROMS firmware correctly.

LCM :
ID : YWC105010 , HW : 08 SW : 13 CI : 28
VIN : 2D236488
Odometer : 342689 km
Errors : 0

It SHOWS no errors, but it's telling lies.

Maybe it's malware/ransomware/harvestware/trojan. With the information collected by TOAF Cloneware?? who knows. "I can fix your car and give you the code, just Paypal me 50 Euros" ??

Sector-9
1st July 2016, 17:52
ftp.sector-9.co.uk

eric27
11th October 2016, 19:12
My english is not very good but I had the same problem and I contact Toaf.
They send me the LCM_default_new_version.toaf file and I upload this file to my cars lcm and all was working perfect.

Eric.