PDA

View Full Version : Air con AGAIN!!!

versus
24th June 2016, 17:23
Today I installed another brand new Denso Compressor. Since 2012 it is the 6th air con compressor on my car!!! OMG:eek:

History:
1. June 2012 I changed the air con compressor with second hand pump from 2,0 KV6 and the air con belt – new Gates belt Micro-V XF 6PK1560
2. October 2013 I changed the air con pump with second hand pump from another 2,0 KV6 and the new Gates belt Micro-V XF 6PK1560 and second hand tension puleys
3. May 2014 I changed the air con pump with second hand pump from 2,5KV6
4. June 2014 I changed the air con pump with brand new pump DENSO 20-21720 (fits 02-05 Mercedes C320 3.2L-V6 but is the same DENSO compressor in ours 75, except the pulley) and new air con radiator HC-Cargo 260395
5. 24 June 2016 I changed the air con pump with brand new pump DENSO 20-21720. I paid nothing because it was on warranty, you know the price of new compressor is about 300 euros:mad: The system was clean, you can see in the first picture the clean green oil, it is from my system. The problem with the last compressor (with past compressors were other problems) was "it does not hold pressure", I don't know at all what this mean.
Now the second brand new DENSO compressor works and the air is cold, but the problem now is that in the system are very high pressure, in 10 minutes it gets about 18-20 atmosphere and does not decrease with first speed of the kenlowe radiator fan (I fitted it few years ago). And today was not very hot (only 30C) but the pressure in the system will be higher at 40+C...
At air con service they have checked everything, cleaned again the system and they think the problem is with radiator fan and they suggest to change the fan or to modify it and always to work on second high speed...
Please help, I already tired to change the compressor every year:mad:....

Lovel82
24th June 2016, 18:19
I had the same agony with my previous cdt. It turned out (after 2 changed compressors) that real problem was clogged expansion valve. It was letting through just enough flow for system to be tested on idle, but after a few days on highway and higher rpm, compressor would fail.

versus
25th June 2016, 17:17
I had the same agony with my previous cdt. It turned out (after 2 changed compressors) that real problem was clogged expansion valve. It was letting through just enough flow for system to be tested on idle, but after a few days on highway and higher rpm, compressor would fail.

expansion valve is good in my case...

BigBen
11th August 2016, 17:29
That looks like the wrong compressor to me. :duh:

471-1466 is the same part number as was just fitted to my father's 2003 E-Class V6. It's actually the US p/n for the UK p/n DCP17039 - we found this out because we ordered a DCP17039, and it arrived with the same sticker on the box as yours.... figured it must have been a US import. :rolleyes:

I believe it also fits the petrol S-Class models from around the same time, too. :o

The MB one uses the 7SEU17C compressor, the MG/Rover one uses the 7SBU16C compressor.

I'd say that, IMHO, it's the wrong one for your car - it should be Rover p/n JPB000040A - which is Denso p/n DCP14018 - which, BTW, is also the same one as used on the MG ZS and R45's. ;)

robbocop33
11th August 2016, 18:18
This is going to be extremely unhelpful,but i had a 1999 cdt and in that entire time the aircon was ice cold,and was never regassed or touched in any way!!Always amazed me.
Sort of makes you wonder about people telling you systems should be serviced/regassed every 3 years or so?

roverbarmy
11th August 2016, 19:03
This is going to be extremely unhelpful,but i had a 1999 cdt and in that entire time the aircon was ice cold,and was never regassed or touched in any way!!Always amazed me.
Sort of makes you wonder about people telling you systems should be serviced/regassed every 3 years or so?
All systems lose some refrigerant over time, how much depends on how tight or worn the seals are and obviously, how pressure tight the rest of the system is. The lube will also degrade over time. Hence the need to evacuate and refill regularly. If you don't, you risk damage. It's your choice/gamble. :shrug: If systems are left ungassed, the air drier (https://macsworldwide.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/what-is-a-receiver-drier/) may also need replacement.