PDA

View Full Version : Cdti belt slip on startup

MGMarc
25th June 2016, 09:06
I have just changed the belts and tensioners on my MG ZTT but when I start the car up and turn it off one of the belts squeaks extremely briefly, probably less than 0.5 secs

I'm thinking it's the main serpentine belt as there isn't any load on the AC compressor upon startup?

Could I have done something wrong or could the eurocarparts belts supplied be an issue, they were ever so slightly longer than what I removed but were the right belts for my registration

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

DMGRS
25th June 2016, 14:46
What brand are the belts? We've never had an issue with the Dayco belts we supply, but they're specified for the car by part number rather than being 'compatible'. :)

If it's slightly too long, the tensioner may have trouble taking up the slack.
It'll be the main aux belt, not the A/C belt squeaking. It drives several systems, so needs to be the correct length and properly tensioned.

MGMarc
9th July 2016, 07:10
What brand are the belts? We've never had an issue with the Dayco belts we supply, but they're specified for the car by part number rather than being 'compatible'. :)

If it's slightly too long, the tensioner may have trouble taking up the slack.
It'll be the main aux belt, not the A/C belt squeaking. It drives several systems, so needs to be the correct length and properly tensioned.
Im using a Continental, could you possibly confirm the length of the Dayco item?

EastPete
9th July 2016, 08:27
Om using a Continental, could you possibly confirm the length of the Day item?

Do you mean Contitech ?? I found these belts were good, with no squeaks, whereas I had squeaks with the Dayco items.

Pete

FrenchMike
9th July 2016, 08:31
Om using a Continental, could you possibly confirm the length of the Day item?

I replaced mine by a Contitech 5PK 2030 ;no prob