PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen anything like this ABS?

Chuckles
25th June 2016, 16:26
Just goes to show what a little water will do - or in this case a flooding!

So you can see now I definitely need a new ABS unit with Traction Control/Cruise for Petrol and a Plug. I am assuming only used ones are avaiolable so provided there is enough wire length to attach to my loom that will be fine; unless of course there are still new ones available!
Anyone have such items? nice please!

forgot to add the part number is 0265 900 003 although I am not sure if 004 will do the job

trikey
25th June 2016, 16:28
Yep, i had the same with battery acid once, good luck soldering a new plug on, its very very time consuming!

What is the two letter code stamped on the ally block of the unit?

Chuckles
25th June 2016, 16:34
Oops missed that or do you mean SRB 101301?

cb750chris
25th June 2016, 16:36
Wow, that certainly needs a bit of care and attention :(
I might be tempted to try get a non-traction unit to start with - more around to start with - and of there are other problems then you have spent less money trying to fix it...
I can help you with the t4 coding if needed. I would imagine of you went to a scrap yard you could cut the end of the loom free with the abs unit..... Less easy on eBay....

Chuckles
25th June 2016, 16:41
trouble nowadays the scrappy either will not or cannot allow one to "roam" around!
Our only local one will certainly not ..... miserable......@$$@~
Thank you for your offer Chris I will certainly keep that in mind, although I was hoping to do a one time fix back to how it was/should be. (wishful thinking?)

Chuckles
25th June 2016, 16:48
Andy if that SRB number is not the one you mean I will go back to the workshop, probably tomorrow now and look for it

milford man
25th June 2016, 16:52
You can still get the plug new from Rimmers. http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-YMQ104730

Regards John

Chuckles
25th June 2016, 17:08
Thanks John, I have asked the question, to make sure, that it is the loom part needed. I just didn't think they were available!

....Oh! just realised I cannot ask the question ... but it does say ABS link so here goes... all I need is the ABS unit then.

milford man
25th June 2016, 22:24
Here is the repair PDF from Rover. Tells you how to replace the connector.

Regards John

trikey
25th June 2016, 22:28
Andy if that SRB number is not the one you mean I will go back to the workshop, probably tomorrow now and look for it

Its a two letter code MK or MH probably, stamped into the top corner of the aluminium block.

Chuckles
26th June 2016, 07:02
You can still get the plug new from Rimmers. http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-YMQ104730

Regards John

Thanks a lot for the link John. That is extremely helpful and reassuring in that water ingress can ALSO come from capillary action. Didn't think of that!

Chuckles
26th June 2016, 11:51
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=32418&stc=1&d=1396637239

Is this any good or shall I look again?
It was a photo of the now failed unit before it went in.

Chuckles
27th June 2016, 13:46
Yep, i had the same with battery acid once, good luck soldering a new plug on, its very very time consuming!

What is the two letter code stamped on the ally block of the unit?

Confirming the photo it is ML.
Does that mean anything?