PDA

View Full Version : stuck rear seat

jneboi17
26th June 2016, 19:35
hi there wonder if any of you guys can help.the rear seat release catches on my 52 facelift 75 seemed to have jammed,both of the release catches are stuck down but the seat is closed solid any ideas.

klarzy
26th June 2016, 19:56
hi there wonder if any of you guys can help.the rear seat release catches on my 52 facelift 75 seemed to have jammed,both of the release catches are stuck down but the seat is closed solid any ideas.

The metal bars that hook into the catches have popped out of the plastic ends of the buttons...

You need to put something like a thick steel ruler down the outside of the button tube and manually push the rod down at each end while pulling forwards.
the target is to the outer edge of the button tubes and about 7 inches down...

suzublu
26th June 2016, 20:33
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=183860

jneboi17
28th June 2016, 21:26
thanks loads ill try that

hogweed
29th June 2016, 09:08
It’s one of those things which is REALLY difficult to explain precisely – I read endless (excellent) guides here, and tried many times without success – mainly as I didn’t know what I was supposed to be hitting with whatever I was poking down inside.

Then, one day recently when I was bored, I tried yet again, and managed it. So just keep gently pushing down in many different directions (don’t use a lot of force – there are other things in there you don’t want to bend) and hopefully eventually you’ll hit the right thing.

That guide which suzublu has posted is the best one – but I still found it tricky till I’d done it :o

Once you’ve succeeded once, it’s a lot easier.