PDA

View Full Version : Rotary coupler...?

hogweed
27th June 2016, 12:08
I suspect I have a problem with this, for various reasons – mostly that the stereo controls on the wheel sometimes cause the stereo to act strangely – stereo replaced, wheel-to-stereo adapter/patch lead replaced, switches tested, and all OK – could somebody tell me how to access/clean it without causing myself problems (eg springs flying everywhere etc).

Thanks

Astraeus
27th June 2016, 18:46
I suspect I have a problem with this, for various reasons – mostly that the stereo controls on the wheel sometimes cause the stereo to act strangely – stereo replaced, wheel-to-stereo adapter/patch lead replaced, switches tested, and all OK – could somebody tell me how to access/clean it without causing myself problems (eg springs flying everywhere etc).

Thanks

Best thing if you have an issue with that is to replace it with another one. You need to take airbag off to access it and make absolutely sure you centre it when replacing. 2 and a half to three revolutions of steering wheel each way if I recall. If you do not it will break.
Plenty how to do its around.
Before removing airbag disconnect battery first. Leave 10 to 20 minutes before working on it to allow discharge.
You need a torx key to remove two torx bolts at rear of wheel to release airbag.

Chris