PDA

View Full Version : 15th Kent and Surrounding. 31st July 2016

FLYING BANANA
1st July 2016, 16:02
We return to this popular diner on Sunday 31st July 2016. We was here last year for our 5th meet.

11am till late, depending on the weather.

If you want to dress up in 50's style clothes then you will be in with a chance of winning £20 off of your meal. Only applies to whoever wins. Judging will be done by the Manager at the diner.

7 Hotel & Diner,
London Road,
Polhill,
Halstead,
Kent.
TN14 7AA

www.7hoteldiner.co.uk

Travel back in time to the 1950's. The stylish American Diner has a proper Jukebox playing classic tunes from that era, I'll be at home then.
There is a 26 room hotel on site if you fancy making a weekend of it.
We are able to use the facilities and car park till 9pm.

Check out our Facebook page.

Those attending are.

Son of Busboy - Rover 25. Maybeeee
Neil - Rover 45
Steve61 - Rover 75
Sadler - Rover 75 Tourer
Busboy - Rover 75
Elliott - Rover 75 Tourer.
Michael E- Rover 75
Steve - MG ZT
Rob - MG ZT
Jez - MG ZTT 260. No.372
Bob - MG ZTT 395. No.457
Dave - MG ZTT. Moonshine No.1 of 1
Bed_sat - MG ZTT
Stuart - MG ZS
Kerwyn- MG ZS
Darren - MG ZS
Sam - MG ZR
Sam T - MG ZR
Coraa- MG ZR
Zoe - MG ZR
Vicky - MG ZR
Sean - MG TF
Becky & Oscar - LR Disco

Plus 30 from the Facebook page.

Event Disclaimer
Please be aware this is not an official Rover 75/MG ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club's public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in anyway.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ONWARDS & UPWARDS

Elliott
18th July 2016, 21:37
Hi Mr Flying Banana,
Would like to come to this meet for a few hours during the day, never had a car before that has stimulated an interest in meeting fellow owners. The 75 gets properly under your skin :D. Trouble is my 75 has done a few miles and doesn't look her best by any means. I just do not want to be felt like i'm looked down upon for not having a pristine show worthy car (as I have heard from friends of mine about other marques), she gets used every day for work 120 mile round trip 5 days a week, and sometimes looks it especially in bad weather. Hopefully see you all then:}

FLYING BANANA
19th July 2016, 06:57
Hi Mr Flying Banana,
Would like to come to this meet for a few hours during the day, never had a car before that has stimulated an interest in meeting fellow owners. The 75 gets properly under your skin :D. Trouble is my 75 has done a few miles and doesn't look her best by any means. I just do not want to be felt like i'm looked down upon for not having a pristine show worthy car (as I have heard from friends of mine about other marques), she gets used every day for work 120 mile round trip 5 days a week, and sometimes looks it especially in bad weather. Hopefully see you all then:}

Bring the car whatever the condition. Get a few tips. Learn things. We welcome anyone with any make of car.
I'll either have my Yellow ZT or my Silver ZTT there. Might even have both there.

Name on list.

FLYING BANANA
28th July 2016, 08:09
bump for this weekends meet.

FLYING BANANA
28th July 2016, 08:11
I'll be bringing the ZTT 395 this weekend.

Steve61
28th July 2016, 08:22
Add one more.
I will wash mine and brig it down.

FLYING BANANA
28th July 2016, 09:21
Add one more.
I will wash mine and brig it down.

Ok Steve, name on the ever growing list.

sadler
28th July 2016, 16:49
Dear FB,

If there is still room, as an non techie member, if I could come over for a couple of hours during the afternoon to also pick up some tips that would be great.

Best regards

Sadler

FLYING BANANA
28th July 2016, 16:59
Dear FB,

If there is still room, as an non techie member, if I could come over for a couple of hours during the afternoon to also pick up some tips that would be great.

Best regards

Sadler

Never a problem Sadler, you will be made most welcome. Name on the ever growing list.

BigBen
28th July 2016, 20:24
I will be there, but not sure what time I'll arrive due to having to drop off a friend at Heathrow around 12:30. :D

FLYING BANANA
28th July 2016, 20:30
I will be there, but not sure what time I'll arrive due to having to drop off a friend at Heathrow around 12:30. :D
Bound to be someone still there, hopefully me. Name on the list. Be nice to meet new faces.

BigBen
28th July 2016, 21:21
Will be in the ZT-T, probably get there 1:30ish... but you know what the M25 can be like.... :(

Ben.

FLYING BANANA
31st July 2016, 08:16
A 2nd V8 ZTT will be joining us today. Jez Marsh is bringing his 06 plate car. No.372

FLYING BANANA
31st July 2016, 16:12
What a grand turn out. 21 cars made the meet. Nice turn out from the 75/ZT OC, thanks chaps for the support. The £20 prize went to The Best 50's dressed family, the children really stole the show.
I'll post some pictures up later.

Elliott
31st July 2016, 16:21
Sorry couldn't make it guys, been at the hospital all weekend with the mothering law, looks like her dementia has got really bad and will be sent to home, Ambulance came out to the house, then the Police so she could be sectioned, bad weekend all round for us, will look forward to the next one now, and the pics of this one:sad:

FLYING BANANA
31st July 2016, 17:10
Sorry couldn't make it guys, been at the hospital all weekend with the mothering law, looks like her dementia has got really bad and will be sent to home, Ambulance came out to the house, then the Police so she could be sectioned, bad weekend all round for us, will look forward to the next one now, and the pics of this one:sad:
Family and health always come first. There is always another meet another day.

Busboy
31st July 2016, 20:34
As my title says it all, I can only add that I will certainly try to make more meets, I had lots of good banter today and got some good tips, as well as passed on a few.

As always thanks are due to Bob ( pookie bear today!) for his enthusiastic welcome and the roar From his V8 ZTT on his departure ( my ears are still ringing)!! :drool4:

FLYING BANANA
1st August 2016, 14:05
I've given up with photo bucket.

FLYING BANANA
1st August 2016, 14:09
We even had a very nicely turned out Rover BRM