PDA

View Full Version : Another feather in..................

FLYING BANANA
2nd July 2016, 17:58
............The Flying Banana's cap. We attended the MG-Rover World Wide Club meet at the Black Boy pub in Knowle Solihull today and came away with two more trophies, 3rd place for Best ZT in class. Was up against stiff opposition. Including 3 V8's. And got the 2nd Trophy for coming third in the distance travelled to the meet, 127 miles. Winner had travelled up from Poole in his mini ZT. (Peter Wright MG ZS)

And I met Simon Goldsworthy editor of the MG Enthusiast Magazine who wants to do an article on The Flying Banana, he mentioned about this months feature about Les Finnie's 400bhp V8 ZTT.

The pub has a beer garden that overlooks a canal. And the food is excellent.

The Flying Banana almost behaved herself, the reversing lights have stopped working along with the beeper, but she done the 264 miles and returned 42.5mpg so I'm not going to complain.

Fusilier
2nd July 2016, 18:23
............The Flying Banana's cap. We attended the MG-Rover World Wide Club meet at the Black Boy pub in Knowle Solihull today and came away with two more trophies, 3rd place for Best ZT in class. Was up against stiff opposition. Including 3 V8's. And got the 2nd Trophy for coming third in the distance travelled to the meet, 127 miles. Winner had travelled up from Poole in his mini ZT. (Peter Wright MG ZS)

And I met Simon Goldsworthy editor of the MG Enthusiast Magazine who wants to do an article on The Flying Banana, he mentioned about this months feature about Les Finnie's 400bhp V8 ZTT.

The Flying Banana almost behaved herself, the reversing lights have stopped working along with the beeper, but she done the 264 miles and returned 42.5mpg so I'm not going to complain.

Well done Bob, thoroughly deserved

Stu

mininuts
2nd July 2016, 18:28
Well done Bob :hurray::hurray::hurray::clap::clap::clap:

Si-monogram
2nd July 2016, 18:33
I know simon quite well. He was responsible for the brilliant article done on typhoon some years back when owned by Phil raby. Glad you had a nice time and well done on the trophies.

barney bear
2nd July 2016, 19:01
You're going to need a bigger flat if you keep winning trophies Bob, well done though mate.:D You do keep her in fine fettle:bowdown:

coolcat
2nd July 2016, 19:33
Well done to Bob and the Flying Banana, a true dream team if there ever was one :bowdown::}

trikey
2nd July 2016, 19:43
Nice one Bob, you deserve a lifetime achievement award, I can't think of anyone who attends as many meets as you do.

Astraeus
2nd July 2016, 19:49
Well done Bob and Flying Banana. You put a lot of time and effort into keeping your car like that. Well done.

Chris

FLYING BANANA
3rd July 2016, 06:56
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/bburgess282/IMG_1201_zpss54f3ln1.jpg (http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/bburgess282/media/IMG_1201_zpss54f3ln1.jpg.html)

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/bburgess282/IMG_1178_zpsu2aln8fy.jpg (http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/bburgess282/media/IMG_1178_zpsu2aln8fy.jpg.html)

Simondi
3rd July 2016, 07:35
Well deserved

stevenicks
3rd July 2016, 07:41

You are a credit to the Forum Bob. Well done mate :}

Cable Tie
3rd July 2016, 11:34
Should've been a first but I would say that well done Bob and the underside of the bonnet looks good keep safe and see ya soon