PDA

View Full Version : Well Welsh members, let's get going shall we!!!

Scaramanga
1st September 2016, 23:11
Now the first thing we need to sort out is whose coat is that jacket? But we'll get to that now in a minute.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=62016&d=1473180431
So here we go........WELSH MEETS! :cool: (EVERYONE WELCOME!).

Can all those interested please confirm your enthusiasm for meets in this thread. I will link it in my signature for all present and future members to find and join us.

Success depends much on our efforts as a group so lets get organised! We have a location map as a sticky but who knows how current that is? So can I ask that you post your location (specific or general is of course your decision;)) in this thread.

Reading through our section there have been numerous great locations used and suggested in the past as meets or 'runs':
Big Pit
Tenby
The Horseshoe Pass
The National Botanical Garden of Wales
Margam Park
St Fagans
The Brecon Beacons
Castle Coch

It may be a good idea, being familiar with your area, if you can add suggestions for ideal locations in addition to any others not listed above. Wales is a beautiful country so lets get around it behind the wheels of our beautiful cars!

As well as travelling around I really would like us to have one regular location (say every few months??) such as a pub that does some decent grub. I realise travelling distance to where we chose may not be fair for all members :o but I'll do my best.

I find the 'Sausages and Spanners' a wonderful title that one region uses for their meets, so if we can come up with something as witty that would be fantastic....I was thinking - 'Dipsticks 'n' Buscuits' or 'Plenem & Pint' If you like one of these or can think of better then please add that in your reply below ;)

Finally do we have a mechanic in our midst who would be (within reason) able to help out fellow members on occassion? (Forum rules permitting of course).

Please bear with me folks as I have some rules and regs to absorb (I'm a slow learner). Im also a full time shift worker so I'm not looking for loads of meets a year! I'm thinking a few of the pub ones each year and a few others at varying locations throughout Wales. Naturally members can do as they want should you wish for more :bowdown:

So to summarise please can you post:
YOUR LOCATION / IDEA(S) FOR MEETS / A WITTY TITLE / PUB WITH DECENT GRUB

MEMBERS INTERESTED
1. CallumS, COLWYN BAY, Great Orme, A5 capel Curig 'Run', 'Welsh Rarebits'.
2. Jackatesme, RHYMNEY, Bryn Bach Park.
3. Graham E, NEWPORT.
4. Parker, BRIDGEND, Kenfig Nature Reserve, Porthcawl Seafront, Le-raj Fine Indian Cuisine & his factory premises!
5. Jules, CONWY
6. Hawker, CWMBRAN
7. Johnnyb44, NORTH WALES
8. Rover66, Nr PEMBREY
9. Chambl01, CARDIFF
10. jgriffo, WREXHAM, Pontcysyllte Aquaduct, Telford Inn
11. Spongebob, PONTYPRIDD
12. moggyman, CHURCH VILLAGE
13. Jackedup, SWANSEA
14. Phil63, DEVIZES
15. danbmx_69, SWANSEA
16. Nev the Bear, TROWBRIDGE
17. FLYING BANANA
18. Abbadon, GOWER, 'Arbenigwyr o Geir', Cariad cafe
19. Welshie, BRECON, Brecon Mountain Centre, Brecon Motor club Classic Car Show
20. jimbotech, PORT TALBOT
21. Confronted, PEMBROKESHIRE
22. Dragrad, CARDIGAN
23. 75v6, Vale of Glamorgan

CallumS
1st September 2016, 23:20
Idea for meet: Horseshoe Pass, Great Orme, A5 Capel Curig (Scenic drive meet)?
Title: Welsh Rarebits
Pub: Travellers inn Caerwys (plenty of parking/space inside) all week roast with unlimited veg, choice of 3 meats, two of us cost with pint of coke each £16!

Callum :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLYING BANANA
2nd September 2016, 04:28
Congratulations on taking up the mantle of being an RS. Not an easy task.

I've been to two meets in Wales the first being the botanical gardens, took my first V8 there from Essex. And I've been to the Horseshoe pass meet.
Would love to go back there at some point.

I'll try and and attend a meet at some point in the near future. And then some you can get get to meet The Flying Banana.

Scaramanga
2nd September 2016, 09:08
Idea for meet: Horseshoe Pass, Great Orme, A5 Capel Curig (Scenic drive meet)?
Title: Welsh Rarebits
Pub: Travellers inn Caerwys (plenty of parking/space inside) all week roast with unlimited veg, choice of 3 meats, two of us cost with pint of coke each £16!

Callum :)

Thanks Callum. Wondeful fish n chips up there. Thats a definate positive reason for a meet :drool4:

FAO Banana....

Nice one Bob, if we do the Horseshoe I will definately PM you Sir.

I neglected to mention in the opening post that all members are welcome naturally! :cool:

jackatesme
2nd September 2016, 10:52
You might think me biased as i live within 2mls of Bryn Bach park, but it has a fishing lake, 9 hole golf course and golf driving range,restaurant on site and 3 pubs in walking distance. The Web Site is worth a look. I must point out that i have no connection with the park, as it is council run with no entrance fee.:}
P.S. For the hearty eaters 1 pub serves a double mega grill £19.99.:D

Parker
2nd September 2016, 12:30
Great to see some interest finally for us South Wales members. Look forward to meeting up :)

Scaramanga
2nd September 2016, 13:14
You might think me biased as i live within 2mls of Bryn Bach park, but it has a fishing lake, 9 hole golf course and golf driving range,restaurant on site and 3 pubs in walking distance. The Web Site is worth a look. I must point out that i have no connection with the park, as it is council run with no entrance fee.:}
P.S. For the hearty eaters 1 pub serves a double mega grill £19.99.:D

That sound excellent!

Double mega grill eh? :drool4::drool4::drool4:

I shall invest in some trousers with an adjustable waist...

List amended ;)

Graham E
2nd September 2016, 13:38

Location for meets: Somewhere with good food and good places to take some pictures of the car. Wales has numerous places.

Ratty
2nd September 2016, 13:41
Congratulations Lee,on taking over South Wales RS.

Scaramanga
2nd September 2016, 13:51
Thankyou Graham looking forward to getting us all together ;)

Thanks for your support Ratty its much appreciated!

James.uk
3rd September 2016, 02:07
We have had a few meetings in North wales, sadly rather poorly attended mostly, and only really saved by Jules and family turning up in a car each, and/or inviting us back to his place..... :shrug:

I hope you have better luck down South..... :D

Scaramanga
3rd September 2016, 07:26
We have had a few meetings in North wales, sadly rather poorly attended mostly, and only really saved by Jules and family turning up in a car each, and/or inviting us back to his place..... :shrug:

I hope you have better luck down South..... :D

Personally I'm not adverse to a North Wales meet, been up a few times now :cool:

The fish n chips in Conwy are to die for :D which is always a good incentive :rolleyes:

Thanks for your support!

CallumS
3rd September 2016, 14:22
Now there's a MGR group up North I used to have to go to North East for club and meets, may be a better turn out :)

Jules
3rd September 2016, 17:49
Keep me posted ;)

Scaramanga
3rd September 2016, 17:52
Keep me posted ;)

Will do Sir ;)

hawker
3rd September 2016, 18:03
location Cwmbran :D

Scaramanga
3rd September 2016, 18:29
location Cwmbran :D

Thanks Keith, added to the list ;)

johnnyb44
3rd September 2016, 19:43
This sounds a great idea. I don't really mind where we meet up to be honest but as said before the Horse shoe pass is a good place for one. There's a huge car park at the summit of the Ponderosa cafe. The views are spectacular on a nice day , but I really don't mind where it would be held.
Johnny

Scaramanga
3rd September 2016, 19:45
Thats great John, thanks for you reply Sir.

List ammended ;)

Rover66
3rd September 2016, 20:03
Location near Pembrey.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Scaramanga
3rd September 2016, 20:06
Location near Pembrey.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

Thanks Andrew!

chambl01
3rd September 2016, 21:16
Now the first thing we need to sort out is whose coat is that jacket? But we'll get to that now in a minute.

So here we go....WELSH MEETS! :cool: (EVERYONE WELCOME !).

Can all those interested please confirm your enthusiasm for meets in this thread. I will link it in my signature for all present and future Welsh members to find and join us.

Success depends much on our efforts as a group so lets get organised! We have a location map as a sticky but who knows how current that is? So can I ask that you post your location (specific or general is of course your decision;)) in this thread.

Reading through our section there have been numerous great locations used and suggested in the past as meets or 'runs':
Big Pit
Tenby
The Horseshoe Pass
Margam Park
St Fagans
The Brecon Beacons
Castle Coch

It may be a good idea, being familiar with your area, if you can add suggestions for ideal locations in addition to any others not listed above. Wales is a beautiful country so lets get around it behind the wheels of our beautiful cars!

As well as travelling around I really would like us to have one regular location (say every few months??) such as a pub that does some decent grub. I realise travelling distance to where we chose may not be fair for all members :o but I'll do my best.

I find the 'Sausages and Spanners' a wonderful title that one region uses for their meets, so if we can come up with something as witty that would be fantastic....I was thinking - 'Dipsticks 'n' Buscuits' or 'Plenem & Pint' If you like one of these or can think of better then please add that in your reply below ;)

Finally do we have a mechanic in our midst who would be (within reason) able to help out fellow members on occassion? (Forum rules permitting of course).

Please bear with me folks as I have some rules and regs to absorb (I'm a slow learner). Im also a full time shift worker so I'm not looking for loads of meets a year! I'm thinking a few of the pub ones each year and a few others at varying locations throughout Wales. Naturally members can do as they want should you wish for more :bowdown:

Thanks, Lee :D

WELSH MEMBERS REPLIES TO DATE
1. Callum (CallumS), COLWYN BAY, Great Orme, A5 capel Curig 'Run', 'Welsh Rarebits'.
2. John (Jackatesme), RHYMNEY, Bryn Bach Park.
3. Graham (Graham E), NEWPORT.
4. Phil (Parker), BRIDGEND, Kenfig Nature Reserve, Porthcawl Seafront, Le-raj Fine Indian Cuisine :drool4: & his factory premises!
5. Jules, CONWY
6. Keith (Hawker), CWMBRAN
7. John (Johnnyb44), NORTH WALES
8. Andrew (Rover66), Nr PEMBREY

Well done Lee, count me in too.
Leon (Chambl01) Cardiff

Scaramanga
3rd September 2016, 21:19
Well done Lee, count me in too.
Leon (Chambl01) Cardiff

Great stuff! :cool:

jgriffo
3rd September 2016, 21:31
Great idea! Loved the Horseshoe Pass meet.

Location Wrexham

Possible ideas for a meet or "stop offs" on a bit of a run..
Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, reasonable sized car park on the Trevor side and a reasonable pub, the "Telford Inn".

There are a few national trust places in the area (Chirk Castle and Erddig) but I'd imagine permission (or membership or ticket price entry) would be needed.

Couple of other places I could recommend for good food and a good sized car park are the Poachers Pocket and Oswalds Cross, although neither are technically in Wales... but close enough :D

Scaramanga
3rd September 2016, 21:57
Thats fab John, thanks for you input! :D

Spongebob
4th September 2016, 09:37
Thanks for the info Lee.

Good idea for meets and to see other members cars. All i have to do now is buy a 75. Still have not found one within my price bracket and requirements.

I could turn up in a Toyota Avensis or a Citroen C5. :duh:

Work might put the damper on things for me to be honest but we shall see how things go.

Scaramanga
4th September 2016, 11:16
Thanks for the info Lee.

Good idea for meets and to see other members cars. All i have to do now is buy a 75. Still have not found one within my price bracket and requirements.

I could turn up in a Toyota Avensis or a Citroen C5. :duh:

Work might put the damper on things for me to be honest but we shall see how things go.

Turn up in whatever you wish!

Good luck with your search!

moggyman
4th September 2016, 20:26
Location Church Village,near Pontypridd.

Scaramanga
4th September 2016, 20:31
Location Church Village,near Pontypridd.

Thats great, thanks Allan ;)

:D

Phil63
6th September 2016, 18:35
We're in Devizes, but are always willing to travel.. I was born in Bridgend, so it'll be like going home.. :D

Scaramanga
6th September 2016, 19:20
Thanks, Phil!

I will keep you posted :cool:

danbmx_69
6th September 2016, 19:22
I might be interested in a meet and am based in swansea

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scaramanga
6th September 2016, 19:40
Great Dan, list ammended :cool:

Nev The Bear
6th September 2016, 20:27
Hello Lee

I could also be interested in attending some of the meets depending on location and dates.

Regards

Clyde

Scaramanga
6th September 2016, 21:08
Fantastic Clyde, obviously you'd be most welcome..:D

Abbadon
7th September 2016, 06:55
Idea for meet: There have been many good suggestions already! But for me and family commitments, Gower has many lovely places we could meet up!
Title: Arbenigwyr o Geir
Pub: Well, Cafe but what a cafe: Cariad in Penclawdd, has one a number of awards over the last few years, and has the newly reopened Railways Inn Opposite. Plenty of estury side parking just next to both of these. Also a pretty good chippie a stones throw to the side.

Scaramanga
8th September 2016, 07:40
Idea for meet: There have been many good suggestions already! But for me and family commitments, Gower has many lovely places we could meet up!
Title: Arbenigwyr o Geir
Pub: Well, Cafe but what a cafe: Cariad in Penclawdd, has one a number of awards over the last few years, and has the newly reopened Railways Inn Opposite. Plenty of estury side parking just next to both of these. Also a pretty good chippie a stones throw to the side.

Thats terrific Andrew.

However Im not sure I qualify as a car expert! :D :p:

For those who dont speak/read Welsh and have to rely on an internet translator :o (like me), 'Arbenigwyr o Geir' translates to 'Car Experts' :cool:

So we car experts could meet at the Love Cafe :p:

Thanks Andrew :bowdown:

Scaramanga
8th September 2016, 08:34
Thanks for replies everyone!:bowdown:

Details for our meet up coming soon :D

confronted
8th September 2016, 08:34

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=62016&d=1473180431
So here we go........WELSH MEETS! :cool: (EVERYONE WELCOME!).

Can all those interested please confirm your enthusiasm for meets in this thread. I will link it in my signature for all present and future members to find and join us.

Big Pit
Tenby
The Horseshoe Pass
Margam Park
St Fagans
The Brecon Beacons
Castle Coch

MEMBERS REPLIES TO DATE
1. CallumS, COLWYN BAY, Great Orme, A5 capel Curig 'Run', 'Welsh Rarebits'.
2. Jackatesme, RHYMNEY, Bryn Bach Park.
3. Graham E, NEWPORT.
4. Parker, BRIDGEND, Kenfig Nature Reserve, Porthcawl Seafront, Le-raj Fine Indian Cuisine & his factory premises!
5. Jules, CONWY
6. Hawker, CWMBRAN
7. Johnnyb44, NORTH WALES
8. Rover66, Nr PEMBREY
9. Chambl01, CARDIFF
10. jgriffo, WREXHAM, Pontcysyllte Aquaduct, Telford Inn
11. Spongebob, PONTYPRIDD
12. moggyman, CHURCH VILLAGE
13. Jackedup, SWANSEA
14. Phil63, DEVIZES
15. danbmx_69, SWANSEA
16. Never the Bear, TROWBRIDGE
17. FLYING BANANA
18. Abbadon, GOWER, 'Arbenigwyr o Geir', Cariad cafe
19. Welshie, BRECON, Brecon Mountain Centre, Brecon Motor club Classic Car Show
20. jimbotech, PORT TALBOT

Hi Lee,

I will be able to attend the meet wherever its decided, it will give me a chance to bring along the coupe.

Regards Gerry.

Scaramanga
8th September 2016, 08:53
Hi Lee,

I will be able to attend the meet wherever its decided, it will give me a chance to bring along the coupe.

Regards Gerry.

Thats fantastic Gerry! :D

Mmmm coupe :drool4:

Dragrad
9th September 2016, 00:55
PM sent :D

Parker
12th September 2016, 14:25
This is coming together nicely, looking forward to the location announcement and date. :)

hawker
12th September 2016, 16:08
can I recommend big pit for a meet... not only do you get to meet but a free trip down the pit. :-)

Scaramanga
12th September 2016, 16:45
Details coming soon folks ;)

Parker
12th September 2016, 17:20
can I recommend big pit for a meet... not only do you get to meet but a free trip down the pit. :-)

Can you get a 75 in the cage to go down ;)

It is a great venue, my dad ex miner took me there many moons ago. :}

75v6
22nd September 2016, 17:51
Interested - in VoG :-)

Scaramanga
23rd September 2016, 19:47
Interested - in VoG :-)

Thanks Chris, list ammended.

Interested in the Margam meet next month?

75v6
5th October 2016, 19:26
Deffo - what date?

Scaramanga
6th October 2016, 09:17
Deffo - what date?

Hi Chris, see this thread ;)

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=253227

Hope to see you there.

mark-h
25th December 2016, 14:02
Only just read the message I had about this. so sorry about the late reply.
I would be interested.
I would definately be in favour of Big Pit, St Fagans, Margam Park

oswestryalex
30th January 2017, 22:05
Hi, being right on the borders in North Shropshire, anywhere N Wales will be somewhere that I could attend. Let me know if you are holding a meet so I can try and come along! Cheers, Alex.

jcumbo1
7th February 2017, 18:38
I also think the Great Orme would be a fantastic place for a meet as well as Conwy and the Horse shoe pass. i dont live in Wales but i would definitely be attending.

Love North Wales!!!

squire
7th February 2017, 20:02
I also think the Great Orme would be a fantastic place for a meet as well as Conwy and the Horse shoe pass. i dont live in Wales but i would definitely be attending.

Love North Wales!!!

:wot:

Could also possibly get a few more from the West Midlands interested as well.

Scaramanga
20th February 2017, 15:45
Thanks for replies but Im no longer RS as I dont have a 75 anymore :o.

Im sure this thread can be kept going and be of use to whomever replaces me :bowdown:

Regards, Lee

Lordy
25th February 2017, 04:01
May not be a 75/ZT no more but sill gladly go too any meets and show face. :D
Anywhere in Wales I'll go. :D

Other great place for meets is the Anglesey race circuit, large car park, café and non stop action racing, they do hold MG Related motorsport at the tracks a as well. :D

I can get more information on this as I know a few who work on the track.:D

Jules
25th February 2017, 20:08
Ty Croes Race Track is great place for a meet as you say Dave.

https://g.co/kgs/1713bd

How about meeting on one of their track days.
Our own 75ZT dedicated track day can be organised if enough folk are interested? ?

oswestryalex
20th March 2017, 10:23
I for one would love to see the Flying Banana - do let us know where you might be showing that beauty... I am slowly doing up a MGZT 190 with chromactive typhoon - and once back with MOT (part awaited) shall try and customise it. Cheers! Alex

oswestryalex
20th March 2017, 10:27
Hi Jules,
I have a R75 1.8 saloon and a MGZT 190 saloon - and don't know if either had the plenum mod done. They did belong to enthusiasts so possibly already OK - but I would like to perhaps come and have each one checked (and mod done if needed). Can we arrange that at some stage? I am happy to drive to Conwy from where I am... cheers Alex.

mark-h
19th April 2017, 17:33
what are the plans for South wales meets in 2017? I missed last years.

BigBen
6th August 2017, 18:40
Any who are interested in a Welsh meet, who may have posted and subscribed to this thread, please see this new thread (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=271426) :D

Thanks!
Ben.