PDA

View Full Version : Front End Re-Spray

paulw1973
20th August 2008, 08:03
Off on my Hols soon so my 75 is going into the shop for a much needed re-Spray on the bonnet front bumper and both front wings. I brought the car a few months ago and made a classic mistake (I viewed it in the rain) when i got it home i counted in excess of 70 stonechips on the above mentioned panels. now from a distance believe it or not they are not noticeable but every week when i clean the car there they are staring at me. I am being charged £280 for this work which i think is a very good price what do you all think?

I have visited the workshop before hand and seen some of this guys work. (mainly beach buggys) but the finish is superb.

Ken
20th August 2008, 09:56
Thats a very good price as it cost me the same for just one door but that was dealer prices so would always be higher. With all the work involved £280 has to be a real bargain :lol:

Ken

JohnDotCom
20th August 2008, 11:34
Quite agree.
That is a very cheap quote.
Normally more than that just for bonnet.

STUBIE
20th August 2008, 11:42
Keep us updated on the work Paul as I'm probably looking for some work to be done and i'm close to you in Peterborough

Stubs

Ken
20th August 2008, 12:18
I am not close but at that price I could be :lol:

MrBitsy
20th August 2008, 12:57
I agree, at that price it is pretty close wherever you live :D

Keep us updated and plenty of screen shots. A respray of the front end will be my next step.

paulw1973
20th August 2008, 13:13
Keep us updated on the work Paul as I'm probably looking for some work to be done and i'm close to you in Peterborough

Stubs

Will post some before & after shots as soon as i have time to take some pics.

kevin
22nd August 2008, 19:46
at that price he will be doing mainly rover 75.:D