PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to do slave cylinder

Youngy
25th September 2016, 02:11
As above my clutch keeps losing pressure but then comes back so I'm just going to change the slave and be done with it but how hard is it to do and how long should I give myself to do it but Iv done clutches before but never on a zt but I have on a zs180 but while I'm there I'm changing the clutch aswell
Thanks

T-Cut
25th September 2016, 11:28
Here's one way to do it, but whether it's hard or not I guess depends on how well you get on.

How: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=45125

TC

championdaddy
25th September 2016, 11:29
Andy Willi does them in 4 hours in the drive..........but he has done loads and loads.

I wouldn't do it myself.......it's a big job ! Subframe drop etc etc

trikey
25th September 2016, 11:33
Drop the. Subframe off, it's much easier with it out of the way

Mike Noc
25th September 2016, 11:34
As mentioned it depends on how handy you are with the spanners.

The last clutch I did was an Astra, and it wasn't any easier than the 75.

2.8jonmy
25th September 2016, 12:16
I took a good six plus hours, I'm competent with spanners but not a vehicle mechanic. It's harder than some fwd clutches but not the hardest by some stretch. The slave is easily removed and replaced once the gearbox is slid back out of the way. I did mine on a very steep drive, I spent most time getting the car up and safe on axle stands and also a reverse light switch that would not release its plug.
I didn't drop the whole sub frame, just the gearbox side. A second trolley jack proved very handy indeed to get the box back in.
Oh and the subframe bolts are the same thread as the gearbox to bell housing bolts but much longer and make getting the box aligned much easier.

Cheers Jon.

colin james
25th September 2016, 16:03
Hi, just done it on my own, see my video on youtube, ROVER 75 EASY SUBFRAME GEARBOX AND CLUTCH REMOVAL its quite an unusual way

suffolk boy
25th September 2016, 16:40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYf0YBTQopg