PDA

View Full Version : Igo sat nav problems

michaelgeorge
10th October 2016, 15:54
I have just purchased my new rover 75 saloon with a built in iGo sat nav unfortunately whatever I do I cant get the sound announcements. I have been into the settings but this has not worked. am I not doing something I should be doing to get my sound. Can anyone tell me what I need to press to get this.

gazcaz
10th October 2016, 16:07
what model is it .

Parker
10th October 2016, 17:12
Moved to ICE satnav section for better exposure, redirect left.

MikeJohn
16th October 2016, 06:02
There is a file IGO uses called "sys.txt" . This allows many settings to be tailored and changed - even some that are not visible in the interface.

As the car is new to you it is possible this has been tweaked by the previous owner.

Do you know the model of the head unit you have? If it is the same as one some one here has you could copy sys.txt from one of us. (Backing yours up of first of course!) . I would not risk that between different systems though just in case another setting was very different.

If you post your sys.txt here - I could compare it with mine and see if anything jumps out.

Mike

Steve42
9th December 2016, 13:45
hi Mike ,
just a thought have you ever connected igo to the web to get live traffic .

thanks
steve

MikeJohn
23rd December 2016, 07:14
Hi Steve, Sorry for the long delay I missed your reply!

My experiments with sys.txt to date have been limited to permanently turning off the speed camera alerts and turning off the spoken speed warnings.

It seems to get traffic data from somewhere as it has offered detours on several occasions - but whether that is from TMC data over the radio or elsewhere I have no idea.

I actually really like IGO now I have got used to it, its "problem" if it has one is I think it is so configurable that its easy to get lost in all the options.

If you do get any more info on live traffic it would be very interesting I tend to switch to google maps if doing long motorway runs as that's when live traffic is most useful. IGO maps are blockier but far easier to read at a glance.

Mike