PDA

View Full Version : seat swab swap?Can?cant do???

Caskin
12th November 2016, 10:34
Thanks to all, exterior problems all now hopefully sorted.
Attention now moved to interior, only one slight problem, one owner car 80,000miles,only one person in car??Drivers seat swab has almost collapsed, whereas passenger swab is like new, can they be swapped over? If so advice please on steps to take..no heated seats, plus manual adjustment, so I assume no electrics to worry about(not touching back rest) only seat swabs?

genpk
12th November 2016, 11:38
Would think you should be just able take the seat cover off and swap them over assuming there are no holes cut for the manual adjuster arms

Sheraton
12th November 2016, 13:19
I'm sure the seat covers are a left and right pattern - so not interchangeable :shrug:

when i was looking to buy a 75 i noticed a lot of worn driver's seat bolsters - i decided, as long as the passenger seats were tidy i'd be happy - as you don't see the wear when you are sat in the car driving :D i'd be more annoyed to look over and see a worn passenger seat :shrug: i got lucky with my car, wear to drivers bolster is minimal :D

what style seats do you have? - it may be worth keeping an eye out for a replacement seat :shrug:

Paul.

Caskin
12th November 2016, 14:05
Would think you should be just able take the seat cover off and swap them over assuming there are no holes cut for the manual adjuster arms

seeing your location, all I can think about now is Perth and Freemantle, plus the flying angel!!!
Right concentrate(me I mean)..seats are an unknown to me, it would be nice to think if you lifted the cover that the foam cushion could be ex changed, but not certain?

Caskin
12th November 2016, 14:07
I'm sure the seat covers are a left and right pattern - so not interchangeable :shrug:

when i was looking to buy a 75 i noticed a lot of worn driver's seat bolsters - i decided, as long as the passenger seats were tidy i'd be happy - as you don't see the wear when you are sat in the car driving :D i'd be more annoyed to look over and see a worn passenger seat :shrug: i got lucky with my car, wear to drivers bolster is minimal :D

what style seats do you have? - it may be worth keeping an eye out for a replacement seat :shrug:

Paul.
Hi Club SE Fabric not leather, the colour I'm not to certain about, grey for sure but quire dark, not as light as some that I have seen? Is there a Rover colour chart which can be consulted? I was wondering if seat cover could be lifted and actual foam cushion exchanged?