PDA

View Full Version : A rather nasty stain!

Simondi
31st August 2008, 20:12
My wifes Astra seems to have deleoped a rather nasty stain on its paintwork.
The patch itself is about the size of a 50 piece and the paint there looks very dull in comparrison to the rest of the car.
I think it looks like the lacquer coating has perhaps been corroded. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can restore the finish?

deano78
31st August 2008, 21:24
any chance of a picture? it maybe etching from dried bird poo. or it maybe clearcoat failure of some sort.

AURORA MG
31st August 2008, 22:35
My wifes Astra seems to have deleoped a rather nasty stain on its paintwork.
The patch itself is about the size of a 50 piece and the paint there looks very dull in comparrison to the rest of the car.
I think it looks like the lacquer coating has perhaps been corroded. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can restore the finish?

If It's a problem with the laquer that will probably mean a respray.

Simondi
1st September 2008, 18:03
any chance of a picture? it maybe etching from dried bird poo. or it maybe clearcoat failure of some sort.

At present virtually impossible to get a decent picture due to rain etc.
It does look like there was some bird dirt there but neither SWMBO or myself have any reccollection of cleaning it off.
If it is as you say is there anything that can be done?

deano78
2nd September 2008, 09:22
yes it can be wetsanded and machine polished out. i'd do it for you but you're a fair old hike from me. if you like i can pm you the number of a detailer in your area and they could sort it for you?