PDA

View Full Version : Ie 8

JamesP
4th September 2008, 23:11
I have been using IE 8 beta for the past couple of days, at first I thought it really slow on various web sites....until I pressed the Compatabillty View Button,(between the Address Bar & Refresh Button) upon which all the images appeared & the web page started to layout as intended.:)

JohnDotCom
4th September 2008, 23:14
I am also a Beta Tester for this and am finding it quicker and better generally all round.
Some compatibility problems still with some sites though.
Some alterations coming out and updates that Microsoft should be sending to all Beta testers.

JamesP
4th September 2008, 23:27
Hello JDC

As you know this is what the forum looks like without the button pressed, I thought I would mention it incase some one else downloads it & thinks there is a problem with the forum.:)

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/66648c06bc319c04.jpg

pmessling
4th September 2008, 23:30
i was also using it, but was having problems with my McAfee virus software so had to go back to using IE7 due to it being incompatible, but when i was testing it i did like it. Nevermind

Peter

JohnDotCom
4th September 2008, 23:47
Make sure you are using IE8 Beta 2.
Google Toolbar doesn't work properly but MS know.
The Club Toolbar is also iffy.
Symantec is currently only AV company fully setup for IE8.
Others will follow (I hope)

JamesP
4th September 2008, 23:50
i was also using it, but was having problems with my McAfee virus software so had to go back to using IE7 due to it being incompatible, but when i was testing it i did like it. Nevermind

Peter

Hello Peter

I have been using Windows Live OnCare on my sons pc, it seems quite good as an overall package but it blocks all downloads, so until I can work that bit out I won't put it on mine.

James

pmessling
5th September 2008, 10:18
IE8 beta 2 was downloaded last week i believe throught auto updates, and i believe this was what caused the incompatibilty as McAfee was working using IE8 beta.

efreeti
5th September 2008, 10:47
Hello JDC

As you know this is what the forum looks like without the button pressed, I thought I would mention it incase some one else downloads it & thinks there is a problem with the forum.:)

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/66648c06bc319c04.jpg

Am I missing something? Apart from the little graph that screen print looks normal. Doesn't it?

JamesP
5th September 2008, 11:12
Am I missing something? Apart from the little graph that screen print looks normal. Doesn't it?

The Avatar & info below usernames is not displayed, & in the bottom right hand corner only "Quote" is shown even though I was logged in.:)

The graph is a Download/Upload meter

JohnDotCom
5th September 2008, 11:14
Our site is currently not optimised for IE8 as not actually yet released.

efreeti
5th September 2008, 11:46
That is why I never became a private investigator, rubbish observation skills :)