View Full Version : russians be crazy

t5tart
17th December 2016, 11:38
I am just watching some dash / crash cam footage on youtube

and they are all mad

steve-45
17th December 2016, 11:42
Oh YES..........

On a recent trip to Moscow - snow, ice and freezing fog - they don't slow down for anything.

Also the wearing of a seat belt is seen as sort of "sissy", and I got some funny looks when I automatically put mine on.

but the real frightening thing is seeing people pull out guns when they have any sort of traffic argument.

Makes driving in London seem sort of serene .... :xmas-smiley-008:

t5tart
17th December 2016, 12:07
Oh YES..........

On a recent trip to Moscow - snow, ice and freezing fog - they don't slow down for anything.

Also the wearing of a seat belt is seen as sort of "sissy", and I got some funny looks when I automatically put mine on.

but the real frightening thing is seeing people pull out guns when they have any sort of traffic argument.

Makes driving in London seem sort of serene .... :xmas-smiley-008:

yer seen some of the road rage stuff ... madness guys on motorbikes pulling out hammers and smashing up cars while riding etc lol

klarzy
17th December 2016, 12:07
Been to Russia half a dozen times.....its like the wild west....

steve-45
17th December 2016, 12:49
Been to Russia half a dozen times.....its like the wild west....

Don't you mean the "WILD EAST" ......... :flame:

It really does seem to be a country of contrasts, your either very poor or very, very rich.

Not too much in the middle.

t5tart
17th December 2016, 12:52
jeeez how do you survive this

Graphic content warning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdhk3wwk_kA&spfreload=10&spfreload=1#t=117.670975

klarzy
17th December 2016, 13:43
Don't you mean the "WILD EAST" ......... :flame:

It really does seem to be a country of contrasts, your either very poor or very, very rich.

Not too much in the middle.

Inside the Moscow ring road its 4x4s and marble...outside its wooden shacks and old folks selling potatoes from a bucket...

steve-45
17th December 2016, 15:16
Inside the Moscow ring road its 4x4s and marble...outside its wooden shacks and old folks selling potatoes from a bucket...

And those potatoes or "cartoshka" are being sold from the boot of a 40 year old Lada .........

Ken B
17th December 2016, 16:52
There's around 27,000 people killed on Russian roads each year.

stevenicks
17th December 2016, 18:13
Theres around 27,000 people killed on Russian roads each year. The standard of driving is appauling.

And so is your spelling :eek:;):getmecoat:

klarzy
17th December 2016, 18:50

You forgot to add a full stop.:snowball1:

t5tart
17th December 2016, 20:19

you cannot start a sentence with and and it shouldnt be capitalised ;)

and if you pic any of my spelling before you start I am dyslexic

planenut
17th December 2016, 23:13
you cannot start a sentence with and and it shouldnt be capitalised ;)

and if you pic any of my spelling before you start I am dyslexic

So's my keyboard!

t5tart
18th December 2016, 00:50
Im pretty sure most of these Russians have never had a driving lesson

SCP440
18th December 2016, 01:36
A couple of years ago a friend of mine had a job in Russia that involved some driving between sites. When he arrived he was looking forward to a new challenge but within a few weeks he realised the driving was the risky part of the new job after a few near death experiences.

None of the people he worked with had official driving licences as fakes are available very easily. After 6 months he decided enough was enough and he packed it in and came home. Even on the trip the airport he saw a major accident and the locals just drove around it as the 3 cars involved were pushed off the road.

Most cars have no or very basic insurance, there was at the time no official MOT but apparently there was one being introduced. The first car he was given with his job had several faults like no handbrake and had obviously been involved in a crash and badly repaired. A lot of cars from Europe that have failed there local MOT are sold there.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

steve-45
18th December 2016, 02:06
It's the same in the Ukraine, lots of failed test cars are brought in from Germany.

Insurance is optional, and if you can't pass the driving test the going rate bribe to the examiner is about £50.

They have no vehicle testing , the attitude being " if it moves we will drive it".

No wonder the death rate per 1000 km driven is about 8 times more than the UK.