PDA

View Full Version : Help! Anyone work for Halifax bank?

cossie dunc
31st December 2016, 15:01
Drop me a PM, someone has run off with my cash :icon_rolleyes:

Rev Jules
31st December 2016, 15:13

Don't they have an emergency, number

Rev

humphshumphs
31st December 2016, 15:19
If you go here they have the telephone numbers: http://www.halifax.co.uk/contactus/call-us/#bankaccounts

or call 0345 720 3040 - 24 hours / 7 days a week

Kennyeth
1st January 2017, 07:46

Not good and not a good start to 2017.
Happened to me once, joint account where either could draw, nothing the bank could do as it was all legal.
Good luck!
Ken.

wullie480
1st January 2017, 09:26
It'd be best to give them a call & find out what's happened.

David Lawrence
1st January 2017, 11:25

First thing to do is call the bank, this will get your cards cancelled on whichever card the money is draining out of. They then ask you to state which transactions are the unauthorised ones and they give you the money back.

They also inform you that if they get any communication from the traders concerned they will redirect it all to your address.

I happened to be looking at my statement once at the same time as the money was draining away as i watched. Got it all back pretty quick along with a new card. One had evidently been skimmed at some point.

Teaches you to check your bank statement pretty frequently

Astraeus
1st January 2017, 12:09
It has happened to us twice in the last 8 years. We bank with Santander and they were brilliant at sorting it out. They actually have pretty good safeguards in place that interceted the last one ( at Christmas time too) and they only got £2.52 or some strange amount before they blocked our account. Pain not having a bank card the week before Christmas but they even arranged for me to get money out of our local Post Office without a card.

Sad state of affairs when folk are trying to rip you off one way or another...all the time....

Hope you get it sorted quickly Dunc, as I know how it feels.

Chris

Lancpudn
1st January 2017, 12:20
It has happened to us twice in the last 8 years. We bank with Santander and they were brilliant at sorting it out. They actually have pretty good safeguards in place that interceted the last one ( at Christmas time too) and they only got £2.52 or some strange amount before they blocked our account. Pain not having a bank card the week before Christmas but they even arranged for me to get money out of our local Post Office without a card.

Sad state of affairs when folk are trying to rip you off one way or another...all the time....

Hope you get it sorted quickly Dunc, as I know how it feels.

Chris

You're right Rich, the thieves are trying to get your digital money at every turn. I've just had the same thing happen over Christmas, I got a new card issued in mid December & as soon as I used it to fill up the car it was declined!!!! I hadn't even used it before, the bank said there was irregular activity on it!!, this is on a brand new issued unused card. :shrug:from the 23rd of December to the 30th December I had no money until they sorted it out. it even locks you out of your paypal account too.

I hope they sort it out quicker for you than they did for me.

MissMoppet
1st January 2017, 12:45
I sued the Halifax once . . . In the last stock market crash I told them (by phone) to sell some Halifax shares I'd inherited. 10 days later (!) they sent me a form to sign, by which time I'd lost over £700. It took 6 months of unpleasant legal letters with no result so I took them to court. The very day before the hearing I received a letter offering to pay all the sums + legal costs providing I signed a confidentiality agreement to say I hadn't sued them and they hadn't paid me out. In my naivety I thought this was perjury, and couldn't see how I could lose so I turned up with a journalist friend. In court I was met by a QC no less from the Halifax. I told the judge I'd received an offer - which their QC had no knowledge of. He asked for the letter and told me because it was headed "without prejudice" he wouldn't read it. The next two hours were spent in legal argument whether the Halifax had a duty of care to its shareholders - and summing up the judge said "it was a most interesting case" but I lost. My journalist friend wrote it up but nobody published it because it was a failure. What I should have done of course was accepted the money and put out a press release saying " a well known Yorkshire bank etc etc". It could have been one of many at that time.
Anyone disagree The Law is an Ass?

cossie dunc
1st January 2017, 12:49
It's been sorted now thanks to everyone who tried to help:xmas-smiley-008: