PDA

View Full Version : Midweek Pub n Grub meets

FLYING BANANA
9th January 2017, 18:26
What's peoples views on mid-week Pub n Grub meets? Every couple of months. Different pub in a different area. Not so much about the cars, but the members having a chin wag. Bring the wife/GF/BF or a friend if you want.

I fully appreciate that people have to work and that funds maybe a bit tight.

LotusLC
9th January 2017, 18:47
I think it's a good idea Bob, Lydia and myself went for a curry with our friends from 'Lincolnshire' :D, and had a great night ;)

keithst24
9th January 2017, 18:58
If it's evening meets then sounds a good idea to me :D especially in the Summer time :cool2::cool2:

Lynyrd Skynner
10th January 2017, 12:17
Great idea , before xmas I joined the Milton Keynes MG Owners Club and they meet on the 1st Wednesday of the month at the Inn On The Lake pub and normally get 10-20 people turn up , the cars owned are mainly MGBs and TFs I have the only ZT at the moment .
Between each monthly meeting they try to get a couple of midweek runs out to country pubs or local breweries or dog racing at Towcester racecourse to name a couple it works great for them so yes great idea.....

gibbo103
10th January 2017, 16:46
One of my friends keeps asking me to come along to the inn on the lake, so perhaps we'll come along next month. There is also the MK mgccmeeting at the Bell at Beechampton on the second Thursday

trikey
10th January 2017, 16:52
Someone mention food :D:bowdown:

buckyhill
10th January 2017, 18:48
Bob would be interested in a midweek get together, good idea. I belong to the Epping area mgoc. Got our first meet on Sunday of the year, meeting for bacon sandwiches then of on a run don't know where but ending up in a restaurant for dinner.

FLYING BANANA
10th January 2017, 19:27
Bob would be interested in a midweek get together, good idea. I belong to the Epping area mgoc. Got our first meet on Sunday of the year, meeting for bacon sandwiches then of on a run don't know where but ending up in a restaurant for dinner.
I'm with the North London MG Club based at the Botany Bay Cricket Club in Enfield.

buckyhill
10th January 2017, 19:33
Know it well, done the intruder alarm there for years

trikey
11th January 2017, 00:29
Know it well, done the intruder alarm there for years

The alarm must be faulty, it keeps letting Bob in... :getmecoat:

Dragrad
11th January 2017, 01:19
Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. This may be the better forum as threads get ‘lost’ very quickly in the General Forum.;)