PDA

View Full Version : Ownership Change

Roger1
10th September 2008, 09:25
Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that I've joined the ranks of V8 owners, having purchased Rover 75 Contemporary SE V8 number 767. That makes 3 R75's in the fleet. I suspect that one will have to go. SWMBO will probably be making some noises soon!

Just love the V8. Noisy, harder ride, just magnificent! Fantastic Harmon Kardon sound system. Made we want to listen to The Who and Led Zepplin again. Oh dear, probably some speed camera tickets to look forward to as well!

Cheers

Tatts
10th September 2008, 09:29
Congratulations!

Just out of interest, how much do you pay for fuel down there?

SWMBO will probably be making some noises soon!

Duct tape??! :D

Roger1
10th September 2008, 09:34
Congratulations!

Just out of interest, how much do you pay for fuel down there?

Duct tape??! :D

Currently 91 Octane (e.g. Shell Ultra) is $NZ1.99 litre and 95 Octane (V Power) is $NZ2.04. BP Ultimate (98 Octane) is $2.12 litrs. Exchange rate to GBP is .3864. A bit scary with a V8, but I will not be doing big miles in her. We pay less tax on petrol than the UK, but still 45% of the cost.

colintf
10th September 2008, 16:40
nice one Roger!

I also owned a Mk2 Vitesse Convertible!

Yanbanshee
11th September 2008, 12:53
Congratulations Roger, enjoy the rear wheel drive muscle car experience. Last time I drove around your part of the world it was in a rather smaller auto but I loved it all the same. Have they surfaced the 'Haast Pass' yet?

Roger1
12th September 2008, 09:36
Congratulations Roger, enjoy the rear wheel drive muscle car experience. Last time I drove around your part of the world it was in a rather smaller auto but I loved it all the same. Have they surfaced the 'Haast Pass' yet?

Yes, all tarmac now. A great drive (rains most of the time of course). One of the most beautiful parts of the world. I am really looking forward to getting the V8 on those roads!

Roger1
12th September 2008, 09:38
nice one Roger!

I also owned a Mk2 Vitesse Convertible!

Hi Colin,

Yes, they're wonderful fun. I sure wish I still had one, for those hot summer days.

Kiwirover
12th September 2008, 19:51
What could I possibly say Roger - except well done and congratulations you lucky bxggxx. :drool4: I am so pleased it is with someone who will appreciate and care for it.

Was it by any chance the one that was on Trademe?

Roger1
13th September 2008, 09:11
What could I possibly say Roger - except well done and congratulations you lucky bxggxx. :drool4: I am so pleased it is with someone who will appreciate and care for it.

Was it by any chance the one that was on Trademe?

Hi Graham,

Yes, it was on Trade Me. Roverland had it. The previous owner has looked after it very well, and has now purchased a supercharged Jag to replace it. Did a bit of haggling and ended up with it. I'm a happy bloke alright.
:)