PDA

View Full Version : King's Lynn Meets 2017

Borg Warner
4th February 2017, 08:47
Proposed dates for the King's Lynn meets from Mr Doodles:

Just to let everyone know that I plan to continue the King's Lynn Meets this year

The dates I'm planning are as follows;

Sunday April 30th

Sunday June 25th

Sunday August 27th

Sunday October 29th

I realise that no doubt these dates won't suit everyone, but just try and make the one's that you can! :wink:

The venue will be the same as always which is the Dragonfly Hotel at Kings Lynn, http://www.dragonflykingslynn.co.uk/

I can arrange for the dent man to attend the meetings, but I'm somewhat reticent after he was ripped off by an owner in 2015 (did the work, then was told he'd spent his cash in the Bar at the Hotel), so would need to make it worth his while before I contact him again.

I will start a separate attendance thread shortly! :)

Please note: The survival of these Meets depend on your attendance, as I don't do them for the good of my health, but to promote the Club and the survival of these great cars.

As advised I shall start a separate thread to list attendees which will be will be posted as and when.

Ta.

coolcat
4th February 2017, 10:38
I take it the culprit who ripped the dent man off won't be made welcome again:shrug:

What a rotten thing to do:mad:

I'll try my best to attend one but it will be on a social level, not getting involved with fittings etc at meets anymore if I can help it;)

FLYING BANANA
4th February 2017, 11:08
I'll try and attend one of the meets.

klarzy
4th February 2017, 11:22
I can arrange for the dent man to attend the meetings, but I'm somewhat reticent after he was ripped off by an owner in 2015 (did the work, then was told he'd spent his cash in the Bar at the Hotel), so would need to make it worth his while before I contact him again.

I will start a separate attendance thread shortly!

That's Rotten... Dent man is such a good guy who refuses to take more than he asks even when he has gone well over the top to help folks...

Spent all day on Shadow when I first got her, tried to give him a few sheckles more for his time and he would not have it...

poor show...:mad:

v-man
19th February 2017, 14:08
That's Rotten... Dent man is such a good guy who refuses to take more than he asks even when he has gone well over the top to help folks...

Spent all day on Shadow when I first got her, tried to give him a few sheckles more for his time and he would not have it...

poor show...:mad:

Indeed it is very bad to do such a thing to a hard working guy.

klarzy
19th March 2017, 18:38
Norwich meet, about time guys

Keep getting lost on the way to Lynn? ;)

sworks
19th March 2017, 18:54
Posts off main topic removed and thread temporarily closed. Any meet threads other than this can be posted seperatly

Greeners
5th April 2017, 21:28
Thread has been reinstated please keep it on track - Thanks

Borg Warner
6th April 2017, 05:21
Thread has been reinstated please keep it on track - Thanks

Thanks Dave.

You have a PM as well. As and when Mark is in a position to organise another meet I will post up the details.

Ta.

Borg Warner
13th April 2017, 05:50
Mark is now in a position to start the meets:

Well after the last meet of last year, let's see if we can get a few more cars there for the first one of the year.

I appreciate that it's only a week after the POL, but not everyone goes to that.

The venue will be the same as always which is the Dragonfly Hotel at Kings Lynn, http://www.dragonflykingslynn.co.uk/

Bar is open between 12 and 2 for alcoholic drinks and food, (and before for soft drinks) so it'll be the usual format of turn up when you like (I normally arrive around 11 am, but some get there as early as 10 am) meet other members and talk rubbish about 75's and ZT's until you get bored! :lol:

Lets try and make the first one of the year a good one! :)

Hope to see you all there! :)

If folks let me know their attendance I'll post up the details. Thank you in advance.

davidcarp
13th April 2017, 06:08
Sorry. I can't make this one. Attending the National at Eden Camp

Georgies Dad
13th April 2017, 06:33
Wrong date chosen,same date as the National

Snetty
13th April 2017, 06:39
Sorry can't make this one either.

freddie
13th April 2017, 06:51
Sorry will have to miss this one also.

Borg Warner
13th April 2017, 19:06
Opps with the date.:duh::duh::duh:

Watch this space.

roverbarmy
27th April 2017, 20:44
Is it still on?:shrug:
Mike
Okidoke. Maybe another time

jonty
30th April 2017, 09:08
Sorry it's late,but I won't make it today.hope to get to the rest

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Georgies Dad
30th April 2017, 09:30
Sorry it's late,but I won't make it today.hope to get to the rest

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Looks like the Kings Lynn Meets have come to an end:mad:

Mogodon
6th May 2017, 20:55
Looks like the Kings Lynn Meets have come to an end:mad:

Is this correct ?

jonty
29th August 2017, 09:27
Proposed dates for the King's Lynn meets from Mr Doodles:

Just to let everyone know that I plan to continue the King's Lynn Meets this year

The dates I'm planning are as follows;

Sunday April 30th

Sunday June 25th

Sunday August 27th

Sunday October 29th

I realise that no doubt these dates won't suit everyone, but just try and make the one's that you can! :wink:

I will start a separate attendance thread shortly! :)

Please note: The survival of these Meets depend on your attendance, as I don't do them for the good of my health, but to promote the Club and the survival of these great cars.

As advised I shall start a separate thread to list attendees which will be will be posted as and when.

Ta.
hi,have the kings lynn meets done now.i got there on sunday around 11.300,maybe just after and no other cars there.i asked in the bar and they said they had no idea

EastPete
30th August 2017, 08:17
hi,have the kings lynn meets done now.i got there on sunday around 11.300,maybe just after and no other cars there.i asked in the bar and they said they had no idea

I think they have not happened for a while now- I am not completely sure why- something to do with the guy who ran them no longer being part of the forum. Being in Cambridgeshire, I find there is not much going on round here for 75/ZT club members. There are occasional meets in Norwich, and Trikey is having a get together near Louth on 10th September, but both locations are a couple of hours drive away for me. There used to be some meets arranged by the Northants members but they seem to have moved off into a 'break away' splinter group that do not publicise what they are up to. The only regular local meet for me is the 75/ZT stand at the BMC/BL spares day in Peterborough every August, but this seems to be arranged by someone from either the Midlands or Yorkshire group (???).

I sometimes think about arranging something myself, but I have enough on my plate to get involved in arranging car meets.

Pete

Freebyrd
30th August 2017, 09:18
I'll be in and around King's Lynn from Monday to Sat. next week (Silver ZTT). Gives a toot if you see me:D.

Gate Keeper
30th August 2017, 10:00
I think they have not happened for a while now- I am not completely sure why- something to do with the guy who ran them no longer being part of the forum. Being in Cambridgeshire, I find there is not much going on round here for 75/ZT club members. There are occasional meets in Norwich, and Trikey is having a get together near Louth on 10th September, but both locations are a couple of hours drive away for me. There used to be some meets arranged by the Northants members but they seem to have moved off into a 'break away' splinter group that do not publicise what they are up to. The only regular local meet for me is the 75/ZT stand at the BMC/BL spares day in Peterborough every August, but this seems to be arranged by someone from either the Midlands or Yorkshire group (???).

I sometimes think about arranging something myself, but I have enough on my plate to get involved in arranging car meets.

Pete

Fair comment Pete. There are plenty of owners in the region and the holiday season is coming to an end. I read Gary's post and one date cited was Sunday 29 October. It just needs someone to take the reigns, who doesn't have health problems or work commitments. I have only ever been twice to the Kings Lynn meet, organised by Mark and they were very popular. Clearly he is not in a position to organise them further. Hopefully the meets can get a good kickstart in October. Positive thoughts :) Can someone please start a list of attendees for October.....general question. Just not up to it myself, sorry ....

jonty
30th August 2017, 20:56

PeteI have a bit to much going on myself to take it on,in fact Sunday was the first time this year I have been able to go.i hadn't checked to see it was on,just went by the dates for 2017

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

Snetty
31st August 2017, 04:35
I have a bit to much going on myself to take it on,in fact Sunday was the first time this year I have been able to go.i hadn't checked to see it was on,just went by the dates for 2017

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk

If there is interest in reviving the Kings Lynn meets, I will try and organise something.

Snetty
14th September 2017, 17:24
Sunday 15th October 2017 normal venue.