PDA

View Full Version : v6

pbaker
20th February 2017, 17:58
A question for those who know. Have been buy offered to buy a 24000 mile v6. [verified] by members family his car [ he died after a long illness [ car has stood for about 18 months] is as mint as they come. car is on a 52 plate. before you tell me due to a small water leak the pump and belts have been done. the question is I am aware of vis motor problems etc , would they mabee seize or other things. I shall be giving it a shot of Red-ex or whatever. thanks peter.

cooper.mg190
20th February 2017, 18:01
First thing I would do is a full service,
Oil,
Oil Filter,
Air Filter,
Pollen Filter,
Spark Plugs,
I'd probably do all the belts aswell, to be sure,

Just what I would do, as its the first thing I tend to do when I first Buy a car.

JoeMc
20th February 2017, 18:28
As per what the OPs said, belts have been done

Give them a check over as much as you can... Get some fresh fuel in there, make sure the air filters clean and no crack in the intake/throttle body and try and start it from there (new battery may be a good idea re this)!

If it starts and ticks over then great... Service it from there as listed above

You need to see if it starts, ticks over and runs first... Basics will be fine to get that stage done

TomRS
21st February 2017, 13:52
Also drop some oil down the plug holes and turn if over either by hand or just on the starter.
This will prevent premature wear as the motor will be totally dry of oil after being sat 18 months, obviously do this before you start it for the first time!