Will Any Of The Range Pull This Without Any Probs Or Not

Any Answers Will Be Apreciated

Lovel
31st January 2007, 06:32
Hia Im Thinking Of Buying A Zt/ztt Within The Next Month

I Need It To Pull A Caravan That Weighs Aprox 3/4 Tonne

Depends on engine size, auto or manual, engine type, self levelling suspension, length of van etc.

The lightest model of 75 is the 1.8lt saloon which comes in at approx 1400kg. The heaviest 75 is the 2.0lt diesel auto tourer and weighs in at approx 1590kg.

As a general rule if you are not used to towing you should maintain a ratio of no more than 85% of the cars weight.

With 3/4 (metric) Tonne = 750kg, so depending on your vehicle spec you are well within the 85% ratio.

At one time, most cars with auto boxes used to have lower ratings than their manual gearbox equivalents, I note that the 75 seems to have the same specifications, auto or manual.

Spôôk
31st January 2007, 06:40
Hia Im Thinking Of Buying A Zt/ztt Within The Next Month

I Need It To Pull A Caravan That Weighs Aprox 3/4 Tonne

If you get a CDTi you are not likely to notice you are pulling anything - which again may be a problem as you race down the M1 doing 85 towing a caravan:bigsmile:

PaulG
31st January 2007, 07:31
I've been towing our caravans with our R75 for over 6.5 years now with no problems. Our current van is a 5 berth Bailey Pageant, about 23 foot long and about 1200KG if I recall correctly. Our 75 is a 2.5 V6 auto and it seems to handle the van with no trouble. The only issue I have had was when going over the Cat & Fiddle route from Macclesfield with our previous caravan when the auto box made some heavy changes. This was due to being on fairly high revs pulling hard when the box decided it ought to change up. It wasn't a problem but I just felt it gave the box a bit of a hard time. This can however be avoided by carefully working the throttle or by using the 'stick to hold it in a gear.

I can't really comment on the ZT or ZTT as I haven't any experience of them, but I can't see why it should be any different, subject to the usual care you need to take when towing of course. There are certainly quite a few of us here who do tow and if you look through the 'our cars' type thread you'll see at least 1 ZTT fully loaded with a caravan on the back.

Good luck with you search for a suitable ZT /ZTT

Paul

Rushy Racer
31st January 2007, 08:26
I tow a 21' Elddis Avante 5 berth with my 190 ZTT and have no issues what so ever the max laden weight of the van being limited to 1400kg

Countach
1st February 2007, 02:06
Towing with a ZT-T,.....
easy! the V6 is quite happy to pull even a big caravan.
the only problem is that the ZTT190 doesn't have self-levelling suspension.
Enjoy!!

tigerchubs
1st February 2007, 12:59
If anyone can help how does the CDT 116 tow as I need to be tinking about getting a bar fitted soon? Caravan is a 4 berth Abbey 18ft.

buncey1506
2nd February 2007, 04:07
cheers for your help people many thanks

shifter
2nd February 2007, 13:18
I have ztt 135 cdti auto and it tows very well-116ps should be just as good-its all torque you know!!

JohnDotCom
3rd February 2007, 08:34
If anyone can help how does the CDT 116 tow as I need to be tinking about getting a bar fitted soon? Caravan is a 4 berth Abbey 18ft.

If you put a Rover_Ron box on it you will get better performance Towing. More Torque and less gear changes, which really notice on Auto Box.