PDA

View Full Version : 4 wheel alignment

rab60bit
10th May 2017, 10:16
Just had two new tyres fitted on the front by Blackcircles brought about by O/S being down a Manchester pothole and getting sidewall bulge.
I knew the N/S rear was seriously worn on the outside edge and from previous correspondence here it looks like the toe requires adjusting so I'm about to cough up for 4 wheel alingment after getting two more tyres for the rear (in total that's +£320 for Goodyear F1's).
Can anyone recommend a good alignment service in the south Manchester/north Cheshire area - it's all getting pretty expensive tyrewise (and I'd like to have a wheel refurb. too but that will have to wait) so I'd rather use someone who knows what they are doing :D when it comes to our cars.

macafee2
10th May 2017, 13:19
cant recommend a company but I understand you want one that uses Hunter Hawkeye 4 wheel alignment.

As your going to get new rears this advice is not so important. When fitting new tyres, I'm sure they should be fitted to the rear, if of course they are the same size. This gives better grip in corners.

macafee2

lightningmark
10th May 2017, 19:47
Not South Manchester but only garage I will use is Atherton Car Safety Centre, worth a drive, I live in Cheshire and I've tried them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breakfastinsmethwick
10th May 2017, 20:10
I used ABP Motorsport in Shavington nr Crewe, for a non rover. I could feel the difference after.

http://www.abpmotorsport.co.uk

I am very reluctant to use a fast fit type place.

MSS
10th May 2017, 20:10
Use ths site to find a Hunter equipped centre.

https://www.alignmycar.co.uk/

It is important that the garage checks all the suspension and steering components prior to the alignment so as not to waster your money by correcting alignment which cannot be maintained.

Ravinder
10th May 2017, 20:14
Make sure you have at least 3/4 tank full when getting alignment done.

DaPol
11th May 2017, 16:46
Atherton Safety Centre or DP Tyres in Abram (Just outside Wigan).

Both know our cars - DP see mine more often than I'd like (been replacing quite a bit of front suspension recently).