PDA

View Full Version : Rear door removsl

Colin P
26th May 2017, 18:00
Hi all - is there a how to showing how to remove the rear doors on a rover 75 saloon
Thanks
Colin.

marinabrian
26th May 2017, 18:03
Hi all - is there a how to showing how to remove the rear doors on a rover 75 saloon
Thanks
Colin.

Nope, but disconnect the check strap. unplug the multiplug inside the grommet on the B post, then remove the two circlips at the top of each hinge pin.

The door can then be lifted off the hinges ;)

Brian :D

Colin P
26th May 2017, 18:09
Nope, but disconnect the check strap. unplug the multiplug inside the grommet on the B post, then remove the two circlips at the top of each hinge pin.

Thanks Brian is it a job 1 person can do?

Fusilier
26th May 2017, 18:18
Thanks Brian is it a job 1 person can do?

Colin

Lower the windows first as well, then it is much easier to do it as a one man job, and you can wrap your arms around the top to take it off

Stu

Colin P
26th May 2017, 18:21
Colin

Lower the windows first as well, then it is much easier to do it as a one man job, and you can wrap your arms around the top to take it off

Stu

Cheers Stu changing my rear passenger door on sunday havnt done it before.

marinabrian
26th May 2017, 18:22
Easy enough to remove it single handed Colin, a bit more tricky to refit it on your own.

As Stu says, you may wish to wind down the window to use the frame as a handle, or if the door card is still in place to allow the use of the actual handle ;)

Either way, it makes the job of realignment much easier than unbolting the hinges from the door, or b pillar ;)

Colin P
26th May 2017, 18:42
Easy enough to remove it single handed Colin, a bit more tricky to refit it on your own.

As Stu says, you may wish to wind down the window to use the frame as a handle, or if the door card is still in place to allow the use of the actual handle ;)

Either way, it makes the job of realignment much easier than unbolting the hinges from the door, or b pillar ;)

I was thinking it sounded easier than realigning the door. Its a straight swap with doorcard attatched so like you say if i wind down windows it will give me a better grip. Hey i,ll have a go at anything once.

Heddy
26th May 2017, 18:48
You'll be fine, did mine last year, on site:eek:. Follow the above comments. Oh, and be sure the new door has electric windows and not a winder:D

Colin P
26th May 2017, 19:02
You'll be fine, did mine last year, on site:eek:. Follow the above comments. Oh, and be sure the new door has electric windows and not a winder:D

Thanks heddy it is elec and same trim as mine LBB.

genpk
27th May 2017, 22:14
Now removing the pins is a great idea.
Didn't even think about that when I did mine, unbolted it and what a pain to re align it all back up. Good tip

Arctic
27th May 2017, 23:00
Thanks
Colin.

Hi could have sworn I did an how to on this back in 2015 :} or was I dreaming :eek: maybe :shrug: will try and find it but in the mean time here are some of the pictures from when I removed and changed my rear door.

Colin P
28th May 2017, 06:50
Hi could have sworn I did an how to on this back in 2015 :} or was I dreaming :eek: maybe :shrug: will try and find it but in the mean time here are some of the pictures from when I removed and changed my rear door.

Thanks Arctic gonna try it shortly doing it myself.

Colin P
29th May 2017, 21:33
Did my door yesterday took about half an hour the hardest part was getting the rubber grommet back in the B pillar. Thanks to Marinabrian for the how to and the others who offered advice it was much appreciated.

Arctic
30th May 2017, 06:43
Thanks Arctic gonna try it shortly doing it myself.

Hi Colin.
Nice to see you managed to do the job with out any great difficulty, as sometimes those little circlips can twang free and make a run for it :D

Colin P
30th May 2017, 16:39
[QUOTE]]

Hi Colin.
Nice to see you managed to do the job with out any great difficulty, as sometimes those little circlips can twang free and make a run for it :D

One of them did luckily the new door had hinges on so used one of those when i took hinges off new door. I was surprised how easy it was to do. Makes a big difference to the car with a scratch and dent free door it was damaged by a boy racer in sn astra that didnt stop.