PDA

View Full Version : Auto wipers

freewheeler
29th June 2017, 08:12
Just had a windscreen replacement and now the auto function on the wipers don't work, any ideas?

Santara man
29th June 2017, 09:32
Assuming when you ordered the new windscreen you specified a rain sensing windscreen.
It could be a dirty sensor pad or sensor pad not fitted properly on the new windscreen the sensor sends an infra red beam into the glass at 45 degrees that is reflected back when the screen is wet, or it could be damaged/loose wiring to the sensor.
If it was fitted by a proper windscreen company I would be having a word with them about it they should have tested the rain sensor after fitting the windscreen.

SCP440
29th June 2017, 13:07
Apparently this is a common problem after a screen change, a lot of windscren companies are using Chinese glass and the quality is not as good as the original.

I recently had one of the Heated screen fitted in mine and my rain sensing wipers would only work once I had fitted a new mounting. They are not that expensive and just stick on.

freewheeler
29th June 2017, 16:03
Assuming when you ordered the new windscreen you specified a rain sensing windscreen.
It could be a dirty sensor pad or sensor pad not fitted properly on the new windscreen the sensor sends an infra red beam into the glass at 45 degrees that is reflected back when the screen is wet, or it could be damaged/loose wiring to the sensor.
If it was fitted by a proper windscreen company I would be having a word with them about it they should have tested the rain sensor after fitting the windscreen.

You are correct, the fitter had not clipped the sensor in properly. There was a slight gap so it worked with lots of water(they tried it with a squeezy bottle) but didn't work with light rain, anyway all ok now.