PDA

View Full Version : need part number for my radiator fan motor?

chris 1 2 3
9th October 2008, 13:28
Hi need to get the new fan motor for my diesel cdt 02 plate 75 i think i have found one but need to know the part number to check its the same. He has told me it says Siemens 13.5v with part number 772-65430 will this fit?

David3807
9th October 2008, 14:05
The number you mention is a Siemens number not MGR. Dont know if this will help - post 7 in the thread

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1371

Both motors pictured have the same basic number but the last two digits (whichare missing from the number you quoted) are different as indeed are the motors.

I am guessing that the one you are thinking of getting is second hand.

The three speed fan motors have an expected life of about 50k/70k miles depending on how the Air Con is used. Unless you know the past history of the car from which a second hand motor came it could be a false economy.

Appreciating that new fan motors from X Part are about £350 have you considered the alternative from Kenlowe which brand new cost about £175.

T-Cut
9th October 2008, 15:17
I believe all the latest stocks of OEM motors are the 2-speed type with direct plug and play connections to the old 3-speed harness.
It maybe also worth checking out the motor wiring modification discussed on the forum. If the commutator is still OK, the rewire makes the motor into a 2-speed using the old medium and fast brushes only.

TC

chris 1 2 3
9th October 2008, 16:23
thanks for the replies so to clarify my car has the three speed fan? Also is the kenlowe fan plug and play and where would i source it ?

T-Cut
9th October 2008, 16:39
Your 2002 model is almost certainly a 3-speed unit. Indeed you'd be unlikely to be replacing a 2-speed type, which have not as yet been reported to wear out.

I believe the Kenlowe kits were available through Xpart depots before the OEMs came back on line. I think you can get them direct from Kenlowe, but you have to tell them your car details. I think they send you instructions.

Do a search for 'Kenlowe' and you'll get hours of reading including a photo tutorial on fitting 'em.

TC

chris 1 2 3
9th October 2008, 17:44
thanks for your help tc much appreciated will start reading up on that kenlowe fan thanks again chris

Jules
9th October 2008, 23:06
Sent you a PM Chris
I have new & used 2 speed motors in stock
Plus fitting service http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=24506

Jules