PDA

View Full Version : Copperleaf..Question.

Number 6
8th November 2017, 17:50
Is the CDX Copperleaf of a Rover 75 Exactly the same shade as a CDX Copperleaf as used on an MGZT.

The reason I ask is I recently replaced the drivers door and there is a difference in shade of the replacement which came off an MGZT,It is more noticable when the sun is on it..:shrug:

mh007
8th November 2017, 18:22
Yes it is as far as I'm aware.
Same paint code = same colour.
Unfortunately, the slight difference in shade on a panel from another vehicle is always going to be a possibility, especially if the other vehicle has had paintwork done.

trebor
8th November 2017, 18:24
Rimmers list the same paint code for both at AWZ101590 John, is it possible the replacement has just faded over time more than the rest of the car or vice versa ?

Number 6
8th November 2017, 19:10
Rimmers list the same paint code for both at AWZ101590 John, is it possible the replacement has just faded over time more than the rest of the car or vice versa ?

Unfortunately, the slight difference in shade on a panel from another vehicle is always going to be a possibility, especially if the other vehicle has had paintwork done.

Well that is possible but even when I have parked next to an MG version the 75 does look a different shade apart from the door which some how looks more reddish..

Oh well will have to live with it..:mad:

LeRich
8th November 2017, 19:17
You get slight differences between batches of paint but then MGR were also known to alter a paint colour but keep the same name and code. Nightfire Red was a bad example for this.

pbaker
1st December 2017, 10:45
If the door is the darker I would try giving hard polish to try and blend it to your car. I would do it at the bottom of door at an edge. good luck peter.

Avulon
1st December 2017, 13:00

There's even more chance [of a difference] when there's a metallic element to the paint as in copperleaf.