PDA

View Full Version : ok i give up. memory on the seats.

Steve42
9th November 2017, 15:59
ok I give in.
memory on the seat will not work. checked fuses all ok.
press the memory set button and it bleeps to say its excepted the position of the seat.
but when you go to use the memory after the seat does nothing .
works ok in manual mode just not in memory mode .

any ideas

thanks all

steve.

stevestrat
9th November 2017, 16:15
I take it when setting the memory you are pressing the M button and one of the preset buttons, M1, 2 or 3.

Steve42
9th November 2017, 16:32
yes I even get the bong .

stevestrat
9th November 2017, 17:14
Are they OEM or retrofit?

Steve42
9th November 2017, 17:52
oem.
its a odd one that will not beat me .

clf
9th November 2017, 18:45
I have the same problem, and am just living with it. It worked fine before having work done (which included t4) . the seat wiring was present but manual seats were fitted.

Attached toaf to it, and it showed as having memory seats fitted . so just left it and as I am the sole driver it makes little odds.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Steve42
9th November 2017, 21:53
only thing I can try now is a different seat ecu.
will do the self test again tomorrow to see if I missed something.

TomRS
10th November 2017, 12:47
I'm having motor problems... both the base and the rear wont move... goes back and forward but thats it.

Memory works, that was a retrofit onto stock wiring harness.

Steve42
11th November 2017, 01:13
Well only thing left is a ecu change

Sector-9
12th November 2017, 23:36
Be interested to know the cause of this - mine is doing the exact same. I really ought to put TOAF back on my laptop and read the seat ECU for faults as I'm pretty sure something will show.

Sector-9
13th November 2017, 00:30
I've now been out with TOAF and the SMAC was showing an EEPROM checksum error. I cleared the fault (it didn't return during testing and lots of other ECUs are showing spurious errors; probably due to the battery running down) and even restored a backup I took when I first started playing with TOAF. It hasn't fixed it though, unless I need to wait x minutes for all the ECUs to go to sleep after turning the ignition off. Tomorrow I'll try actuating the seat movements via TOAF to make sure they're all working though as the buttons do I don't imagine I'll find any problems.

Steve42
15th November 2017, 20:07
well mine is now sorted.
had to change the seat ecu under the seat.
all good now. well for the time been.

Sector-9
19th November 2017, 15:01
I feared that might be the cause. Can I ask how much a replacement ECU cost and how difficult it was to fit (I assume the seat needs to be unbolted along with SRS connectors and seatbelt cable?)