PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Slave Same as Freelander?

VeeSix
11th November 2017, 22:47
Hi Gents

I'm pulling the engine/box on our ZT-Turbo to invetigate an engine issue and since it was out thought I'd change the clutch slave as preventative medicine as its such a mare to get the box out on its own when the existing one goes.

My question though, is this. Admittendly I haven't looked closely, but the Freelander TD4 clutch slave is a metal jobby and looks very similar. A quick Ggoogle found someone suggesting they'd used them for both petrol and diesel 75's just fine. But thought I'd ask the horses mouth so to speak...

Why ask? Because its a third of the price of the OE metal slave...

T-Cut
12th November 2017, 07:48
The Freelander TD4 slave fits all 75 & ZT models though the pipes shape may vary slightly, but easily fixed. Historically it was plastic like the MGR one, but has metal pipes. Is that the difference you note, or is the cylinder itself now metal?

TC

VeeSix
12th November 2017, 08:13
Ah, thanks T-Cut, I guess its plastic hence the price. I assume the metal one is worth the investment, its not a job I want to do twice.

COLVERT
12th November 2017, 08:39
Ah, thanks T-Cut, I guess its plastic hence the price. I assume the metal one is worth the investment, its not a job I want to do twice.

While you are at it it's a good idea to change the clutch driven plate at the same time.

As they say------A stitch in time saves nine.----:D