PDA

View Full Version : Climate control problems

Eddy600
14th November 2017, 20:59
Having trouble with my heater fan on the 1.8t, when I have it set to auto and when the car is up to temp there is a whistling noise and hardly any blow from the vents, but if I change the fan speed it blows just fine, ran the diagnostic test which came back with no errors.

Heaters blow cold and I've had the heater matrix out and cleaned it return pipe is warm and in pipe is scalding but no heat :shrug: any help appreciated.

LeRich
14th November 2017, 21:13
Possibly a duff servo but I'd expect the diagnostic check to pick this up.

Have you tried a different cc unit in case that's the issue?

Eddy600
15th November 2017, 20:39
Have not tried another unit but could swap over from my tourer to see if it solves the problem.

Eddy600
19th November 2017, 16:11
After swapping the unit over from the tourer it didn't make a difference, so after a bit of Googling I swapped over the heater blower resistor and hey presto the auto button works again, so swapped them back over and the original works again so must of been a bad connection :shrug:

Uploaded photos for future reference, the resistor is the one with the white plug, access is made from the passenger footwell after removing the fuse box cover and the side heater vent.

HarryM1BYT
19th November 2017, 16:36
Uploaded photos for future reference, the resistor is the one with the white plug, access is made from the passenger footwell after removing the fuse box cover and the side heater vent.

It is not a simple resistor system, it uses Pulse Width Modulation, generated by the Climate Control module.