PDA

View Full Version : Assistance from a clutch expert - fitting a new slave cylinder

Typhoon190
14th November 2017, 21:46
Evening all.

Could someone let me know the trick to removing and refitting the slave cylinder please? :o The pipe work doesn't want to allow the old part of the gearbox shaft without forcing it, so worried about fitting the new part.

Does the pipe work need disconnecting at the body of the slave cylinder please?

Thanks.

Ben. :}

Stickman
15th November 2017, 02:58
Send a pm to Andy willi- AKA the clutch god
I’m sure he’ll know buddy
Regards
Chris

RPWC
15th November 2017, 07:11
The pipes should only need disconnecting at the join on top of the gearbox.

EastPete
15th November 2017, 08:35
Don't disconnect the pipes at the slave cylinder body. You might need to rotate the pipes and slave body slightly to get the pipes to pass through the hole in the bell housing., and then get the slave body into place. Practice removal/replacement with the old slave before you fit the new one - I think you need to rotate the slave body sideways to get it over the input shaft and then it should slide back onto the guide tube fairly easily (put a bit of moly grease on the guide tube).

Pete

Typhoon190
15th November 2017, 22:36
Thanks all.

I had tried refitting the old slave, but the pipes seem to hold it off alignment by some way. :shrug:

Maybe it's just me. :getmecoat:

Ravinder
16th November 2017, 05:58
Maybe Kevin can help (Kbonney88). He’s done several clutches lately on his massive fleet of 75s.

kbonney88
16th November 2017, 07:49
thanks Rav...

Hi Ben - Do exactly as Pete suggests above.. It should go on quite easily.. it should be located as in the pic I have attached.. there is also a rubber bung which holds the pipes in alignment in the hole in the top of the gearbox..

see my pic - hope it helps..

:)

Kev

EastPete
16th November 2017, 08:37
Thanks all.

I had tried refitting the old slave, but the pipes seem to hold it off alignment by some way. :shrug:

Maybe it's just me. :getmecoat:

Make sure the inner spring or release bearing race on the slave isn't catching on the end of the guide tube- this sometimes stops the slave sliding all the way back into position. You might need to jiggle it around a bit to get it to go all the way back, with the two pipes either side of the V-shaped post on the bellhousing, as shown in Kev's picture.

Keep trying with old slave - it should go on without too much trouble.

Pete