PDA

View Full Version : ABS, Speedo & Fuel Gauge Faults....

mystabe
15th November 2017, 09:06
My ABS warning light popped on last night, and my speedo stopped working at the same time - this morning I noticed the fuel gauge was gently going up and down by itself (rev counter and temp gauge are working fine). What's broken?

My initial thought was that the speedo gets it's feed from the abs system and so it was something abs related...... but now with the fuel gauge acting up I'm not so sure?

:mad:

Greeners
15th November 2017, 09:28
Front O/S ABS sensor is used for the speedo as well, so may well be trapped / damaged.

HarryM1BYT
15th November 2017, 09:57
Front O/S ABS sensor is used for the speedo as well, so may well be trapped / damaged.

..and the fuel gauge level, involves the mpg plus actual content - no mpg input would cause the fuel level to vary a little.

mystabe
15th November 2017, 11:05
..and the fuel gauge level, involves the mpg plus actual content - no mpg input would cause the fuel level to vary a little.

Ahh - that's the missing link I was looking for! :}

I get that it's the front OS hub somewhere causing issues but the fuel gauge bit had me scratching my head!

Chuckles
16th November 2017, 09:00
Don't forget flooding! see my posts on the ABS plug under the battery tray that has caused major headaches after the car "went Swimming" in Devon!
I will update that as soon as I have a quiet period.