PDA

View Full Version : Driver door lock fault

Schotten
16th November 2017, 21:09
Had the driver’s door card off to refit properly and repair interior handle, in the process I knocked the door lock pin rod off, after much twisting of hands and loosing a bit of skin I’ve got the rod back connected and the lock and key works fine, but I’m now not able to open/close windows and sun roof via driver’s door lock (by turning key and holding to open/close). Any idea what I’ve done? Or more to the point what I haven’t!!

Mickyboy
16th November 2017, 21:38
You need lazy vents re activating via T4 mate
Mick

Schotten
17th November 2017, 07:08
Really? Just by knocking the locking pin rod off the mechanism? Oh dear at trip to Mr T4 soon then.

mbrenn
17th November 2017, 17:54
T4 really? Try disconnecting and reconnecting the electrical connectors on the switch panel.

BigRuss
17th November 2017, 20:50
I'd be really surprised if fiddling around with the door lock would affect the lazy lock and vent function ;)

From experience I've found that if the bit on the door catch and lock actuator that the alloy dumbbell fit into aren't both in the mid position the lazy lock and vent won't work properly.

Also make sure the wiring connector and wiring going to the door catch are ok.

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
When working on the catch with Lazy lock and vent enabled unplug the wiring connector to the window motor only plug in after the lock has been sorted.

If you do trip the lazy vent function with your hand in there the window will one shot down and you will be very sorry, I broke a couple of fingers once won't do it again!

Russ

Schotten
18th November 2017, 06:58
:eek: never thought of that!! Thanks for the tip. Just a quick check yesterday, doors un/lock from remote, the key doesn’t operate the lock at all, must be a connection somewhere I’ve missed! You don’t happen to have any pictures of the mechanism?

Thanks for the replies

roverbarmy
18th November 2017, 10:58
It may be the locking rod adjustment on the nylon clip at the bottom. They can be a bit awkward to get spot on.
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=132917&highlight=locking+rod+adjustment
I believe that there are some pics in a how to somewhere. I'll have a looky see.:shrug:
EDIT
here you go:-
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=451764&postcount=5
That's a rear door but the rod adjustment is similar.

Schotten
18th November 2017, 12:31
All done and working fine! It was the latch link rod (item no 19 in Rimmerbros lock diagram) that I’d knocked out - somehow! A bit fiddly but got there in the end. Thanks guys and yes I made sure the window switch was disconnected before I put my hand inside the door cavity - still got all fingers and are intact :}