View Full Version : wishbone rear bush

derek v
17th November 2017, 07:47
do i need to drop the sub frame to do this

roverbarmy
17th November 2017, 08:24
It can all be done on car ramps:-
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=240928
If you have the correct kit, no need to drop subframe.

trikey
17th November 2017, 11:32
No need to drop the subframe, a nice flexi 18mm spanner helps a lot though!

derek v
17th November 2017, 15:12
Thanks for the help. I had a look then called Barnie Auto and told Kieth he has another repair to do once I get me Jag back lol. Didn't fancy getting under the rover while the weather is cold

handyjackdaniels
17th November 2017, 16:31
Just had mine done, both sides. Did one side myself, a right pain in the **** to line up the bush bolts!!

Pinch bolt was stuck solid on the other side, so took it in for mechanic to get it on a lift and do it.

Cost me 70 pound, but he changed both anti roll bar rubbers and the drop link.

What a difference though!!

Steve.

27matt
26th November 2017, 14:09
I've just done with on the drivers side (passenger side needs doing when its a bit warmer, far less wear on that side).

Having a right spanner to loosen the bolts is key, and I had to cut the inner part of the bush off of the arm.

Refitting wasn't too bad, I had a second pair of hands to move the wheel to pull the arm forward and give me room to get the new bush in place.

Feels so much better now (and no knocking!)

roverbarmy
26th November 2017, 14:22
I had to cut the inner part of the bush off of the arm.

Refitting wasn't too bad, I had a second pair of hands to move the wheel to pull the arm forward and give me room to get the new bush in place.

I cleaned up the alloy on the arm with a wire brush, then wire wool and applied a film of washing up liquid before tapping the bush with a hardwood drift. It whizzed off much more easily then. The second pair of hands or a ratchet strap is essential to move it all forward on reassembly. We seemed to have followed a very similar route!:shrug:

jackatesme
26th November 2017, 16:51
My friendly neighbour mechanic just changed mine 1hr ago. Not an easy job,judging by the look on his face when i picked it up.:D