PDA

View Full Version : Another door actuator problem!!

handyjackdaniels
18th November 2017, 15:17
Not sure if I am missing something( in my head!), but the n/s rear door wouldn't open from inside or outside.

I adjusted the link rod closed and opened the door a few times, from inside and out, all was fine.

Locked the car up.

Came back later and unlocked the car.......the door wouldn't open again..inside and out. I repeated everything again, got the same result.:mad::mad:

So something is happening or not happening when I lock the doors, any ideas anyone or am I being thick.

I was going to get hold of another door lock but just in case I don't need to, thought I would ask the question.

Steve.

stocktake
18th November 2017, 16:10
Sounds like your right on the edge of the adjustment of the rod to allow it to work, further adjustment reqd, you know what you have to do :(

handyjackdaniels
19th November 2017, 12:12
Well, I have been on the back seat of the car for an hour or two and tried the rod in various positions( no comments please:eek:), and I get the same result after locking and unlocking.

Going to try and get hold of a rear n/s door actuator and hope that solves it, looking a bit untidy driving round minus one door card, plus the misses keeps huffing and tutting coz she cant put her shopping on the back seat.:}:D:D

Steve.