PDA

View Full Version : 75 diesel cutting out

daveconnolly
18th November 2017, 15:30
I have a 75 which keeps cutting out' started not long after I got it so got brian down to do t4 and 160 upgrade said may need new ecu but see how it goes ran great for a few weeks then started cutting out again. So brian came down, fitted new ecu and did t4 again. Showed injector number 3 was faulty, recommended injector cleaner intercultural fuel filter and leave overnight to see if that cures it. Ran great for a few weeks again and started cutting out again. Got another injector of brian and got garage to fit it. They also checked fuel system, no high fuel pressure found, remove inlet manifold & replaced split 0 ring in DVR valve in high pressure fuel pump. Ran great for a few days but cut out again today.

I was wondering if it could be the crank sensor?

Has anyone got any other ideas on what it could be?

COLVERT
18th November 2017, 15:47
Unless one of the components you have had fitted has failed you seem to have covered most of the trouble spots.

Yes, it could be the crank sensor.

It could also be the in-tank pump that has failed. What level do you run the fuel at? If the tank gets below a quarter full you could get intermittent cutting out problems.

Also maybe a poor connection on a sensor somewhere. :shrug:

As one injector has failed you also have three more of the same age.--:duh::duh:

finbarr saunders
18th November 2017, 16:21
I know this is might be a long shot, But when I bought my motor (over 2 years ago now) the reason I got it cheap was due to a cutting out problem, Firstly I picked up a tank pump & the pump that mounts near the battery, replaced the fuel pump that is near the battery first as it was the easiest to get to & see if it remedied it, I must have guessed lucky as 2 years later & it hasn't cut out once.:D

daveconnolly
18th November 2017, 16:25
Thanks for quick reply tank has been 3QUATERS FULL THE LAST FEW TIMES IT'S HAPPENED

finbarr saunders
18th November 2017, 16:28
Thanks for quick reply tank has been 3QUATERS FULL THE LAST FEW TIMES IT'S HAPPENED

Yeah but i am on about the pump by the battery as it turned out mine was knackered. Although saying that I had to fix a ford focus (petrol) for someone who had the same problem & that was the tank pump packing up when it had been running for a while but would work again after it was left for 10 mins or so.