PDA

View Full Version : Possible fuel pump issue

chip
18th November 2017, 18:45
75 auto diesel - 2003 - I have replaced the front fuel pump under bonnet twice in 6 mths (once with a cheap one and the second time with a decent Bosch pump with a lifetime guarantee) - also replaced the rear pump under seat and new fuel filter fitted - ok for a couple of months and lo and behold the car cut out again driving home - accelerated then the power died - battery and oil light came on and car glided to a halt - same issue as previous two times - loss of power (due to lack of fuel) and then refuses to start - turns over but doesn't fire up. Clearly an intermittent fault but apart from replacing the front pump yet again not sure where to go with this - apart from scrap heap !!!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated of a route cause that is blowing the pumps. 3 pumps gone in 6 mths (original and two new ones).

Cheers:duh:

Mickyboy
18th November 2017, 20:41
Injector leak back test time I’m afraid
Mick

marinabrian
18th November 2017, 20:50
Injector leak back test time I’m afraid
Mick

And see if the plenum is not swimming, with a DDE4 floating off into oblivion :eek:

Brian :D

Mickyboy
18th November 2017, 21:12
And see if the plenum is not swimming, with a DDE4 floating off into oblivion :eek:

Brian :D

Oh yeah good point mate, it’s that time of year when ECM’s start to float,
Mick

steve-45
18th November 2017, 21:22
How much fuel do you keep in the tank ?

chip
19th November 2017, 15:27
usually about half to full but don't know history have only had 6 mths - never let it get below a quarter of a tank