PDA

View Full Version : Noise when turning sharp left

phenonix
20th November 2017, 18:30
Hi
When I sharply turn left while braking I can hear and feel a crunching sound almost like the brake pedal is hitting something it only happens turning left, any suggestions ?
Thanks

suzublu
20th November 2017, 18:33
Only turn right:shrug::D Sorry, couldn't resist:getmecoat:

NigelOBB
20th November 2017, 18:36
Hi

When I sharply turn left while braking I can hear and feel a crunching sound almost like the brake pedal is hitting something it only happens turning left, any suggestions ?

Thanks

Could be brake pads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustymotor
21st November 2017, 06:14
Top strut bearing perhaps, jack it up and have someone turn the wheel for you. :}

phenonix
21st November 2017, 06:42
Recently got the brakes pads and disks replaced, maybe a year ago and I’m also get an ABS fault mostly happens after turning right

RPWC
21st November 2017, 07:19
Recently got the brakes pads and disks replaced, maybe a year ago and I’m also get an ABS fault mostly happens after turning right

That could be the reluctor ring on the hub causing that, it’s to do with the abs.

Mike Noc
21st November 2017, 10:05
Check the inner wing liner us properly secured. On one of our cars it was slightly out of position and rubbed against the tyre when on full lock.

Darcydog
21st November 2017, 10:13
Check the inner wing liner us properly secured. On one of our cars it was slightly out of position and rubbed against the tyre when on full lock.

Yes I had this on my ZTT after I replaced a headlight bulb - I had one hand through the inspection panel and my other hand in via partial removal of the inner wing liner. Made bulb changing easier with two hands but getting the wing liner back into position was a bit of a mission.

Second time I did it I took better note of exactly where and how the thing sits and I had no problem.

Hope your issue is as simple Phenonix!

NigelOBB
22nd November 2017, 06:19
Wheel Bearing 🤔

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phenonix
11th February 2018, 00:39
I think it is the ABS sensor I took the wheel of and it was frayed and loose and maybe kicking in traffic control on the left front wheel, I notice the aftermarket sensors are half the price of the genuine has anyone tried them?
Any reports on how they perform?