PDA

View Full Version : A few "Niggles"

timspencer
26th November 2017, 11:45
"Bessie" the new 75 (bought for £100 and is generally a good car) has a few gremlins.

1, The rear sunblind doesn't work, ive checked the fuse, the switch and that the blind itself isn't jammed. There's power getting to it and a faint "click" when the button is depressed. I can pull the blind out slowly by hand but it does seem to have quite a strong spring trying to retract it back......

2. The powerful mirrors are a bit knackered, they both have power, the nearside is very loose and flops around, the drivers side retracts ok but needs assistance to fold back out again and theres lots of whiriing and sound of plastic unhappiness....are the gears shot, can I repair them or replace...the housings, chrome covers and glass are all ok.

I am on a budget, the black beauty was only £200 but I have since spent about 6 times that getting it to good standard but this car is a V6 manual and is a big scruffy so isn't worth it....but if the few jobs can be sorted cheaply then I will have a go.

Cheers!

suzublu
26th November 2017, 11:50
This might help with your mirrors:shrug: https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=158044

timspencer
26th November 2017, 12:20
Certainly does....I fear I may try and locate a good used set though!

macafee2
26th November 2017, 12:27
"Bessie" the new 75 (bought for £100 and is generally a good car) has a few gremlins.

1, The rear sunblind doesn't work, ive checked the fuse, the switch and that the blind itself isn't jammed. There's power getting to it and a faint "click" when the button is depressed. I can pull the blind out slowly by hand but it does seem to have quite a strong spring trying to retract it back......

2. The powerful mirrors are a bit knackered, they both have power, the nearside is very loose and flops around, the drivers side retracts ok but needs assistance to fold back out again and theres lots of whiriing and sound of plastic unhappiness....are the gears shot, can I repair them or replace...the housings, chrome covers and glass are all ok.

I am on a budget, the black beauty was only £200 but I have since spent about 6 times that getting it to good standard but this car is a V6 manual and is a big scruffy so isn't worth it....but if the few jobs can be sorted cheaply then I will have a go.

Cheers!

Re the blind. You may have to go through the difficult job of removing the rear parcel shelf to get to the motor. I had the large fibre gear loose its teeth but others have suffered problems with the magnets
A replacement motor/sunblind is about £20

macafee2

timspencer
26th November 2017, 12:30
OK cheers for your help guys.

Its not an issue and doesn't stop the car driving well,

If I can get a used blind and its not too much of a job to fit I may have a go when the weather warms up!

The Gas Man
26th November 2017, 16:18
My ZT 260 cost me £6200 a few years ago and has neither a power sunblind or powerfold mirrors. For your £100 (or £200?), if these are your only problems I would consider myself very lucky and drive everywhere with a big smile on my face!

Rogue
26th November 2017, 16:26
My ZT 260 cost me £6200 a few years ago and has neither a power sunblind or powerfold mirrors. For your £100 (or £200?), if these are your only problems I would consider myself very lucky and drive everywhere with a big smile on my face!

I still find it amazing how much car can be had for so little money. I bought mine for £300 off the side of the road on a bit of a punt and have probably spent 3 times that getting it tidy and adding a few nice add ons like leathers etc but have tried to keep her in keeping with her Cowley heritage. I can't imagine spending that little money on a car that gives me as many smiles to the mile as these do :)

The Gas Man
26th November 2017, 16:50
I still find it amazing how much car can be had for so little money. I bought mine for £300 off the side of the road on a bit of a punt and have probably spent 3 times that getting it tidy and adding a few nice add ons like leathers etc but have tried to keep her in keeping with her Cowley heritage. I can't imagine spending that little money on a car that gives me as many smiles to the mile as these do :)

There is a beautiful ZTT diesel on eBay with probably a days work needed to get it straight for £695! Some misguided fools are paying £30.000 for a new MINI now!:shrug:

timspencer
26th November 2017, 18:45
This one was £100, the black one was £200, but that does have satnav, xenons and serpents!😁

Arctic
27th November 2017, 11:05
OK cheers for your help guys.

Its not an issue and doesn't stop the car driving well,

If I can get a used blind and its not too much of a job to fit I may have a go when the weather warms up!

HI Tim.
If you are willing to wait until the nano seasons start you would get help with all of the above, as you most likely know having been to a couple of the meets.

" You do the work , we supply the expertise ";)

timspencer
28th November 2017, 15:53
I don't like the cold so that's fine by me!