PDA

View Full Version : Central locking and car alarm

another_clean_sheet
29th November 2017, 10:22
Yesterday my key fob would not open the doors. Although I had not had any indication of a weak battery, as I had used it for a few years I put in a new battery in the fob.
Did the MGR procedure of unlocking door and 4 quick button pushes. No joy. Went round the car and tried several times more and then the car alarm went off.
Disconnected the battery.
As a battery reset is one of the recommendations to solve this problem I left it over night.
This morning checked plenum which appeared to be dry. As I connected the -ive terminal of the battery the alarm went off. Switched the ignition on and it went off. Tried resyncing key - no luck
Did another batery reset. Reconnected battery with no problems. Tried resyncing a number of times with no joy and then the alarm went off again.
Am I right to assume that there is some corruption on ECU and I need to get it connected to a T4.
Thanks for any advice/help.

UPDATE
Having used the car a number of times yesterday and always having to manually unlock it, this morning it unlocks/locks on the fob with no problems!!
Other than it had snow on it this morning nothing had changed.
Grateful for small mercies.