PDA

View Full Version : Combination Radio & Satellite-Navigation

billjo
18th December 2017, 11:47
Is it possible to fit a combined radio and satellite navigation unit into a 2002 Rover 75 tourer. If it is possible, can any one tell where I can buy a top quality
unit, Thank's in anticipation. billjo: :icon_lol:

myfirstrover
18th December 2017, 12:18
Is it possible to fit a combined radio and satellite navigation unit into a 2002 Rover 75 tourer. If it is possible, can any one tell where I can buy a top quality

Mmm, "top quality" might be a sore point ( takes cover ) :snowball1:

BillyMG
18th December 2017, 15:14

The Derby Arms on a Satdy afternoon :icon_lol:

Arryhall
18th December 2017, 20:35
I got me an awesome unit from Sean (or Radioguy as he is known) and my unit is frigging awesome. There are small issues, such as it being an older model that doesn't mirror my phone, and I'm still waiting for the walnut cover, but I've used it every day and I can't honestly imagine driving without one now! SD card has about 4000 songs on, the bluetooth is brilliant, the maps easy to read and it was a doddle to fit (apart from I messed up the steering wheel control which I have yet to sort).

It's a Navall, and I am incredibly happy with it.

jubbarelly
18th December 2017, 20:50
Have a look at my website androidice.co.uk, loads to choose from here:

https://www.androidice.co.uk/index.php/car-make/rover-75-mgzt.html

Cheers
Jub

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

smudge.g
18th December 2017, 20:52
I got me an awesome unit from Sean (or Radioguy as he is known) and my unit is frigging awesome. There are small issues, such as it being an older model that doesn't mirror my phone, and I'm still waiting for the walnut cover, but I've used it every day and I can't honestly imagine driving without one now! SD card has about 4000 songs on, the bluetooth is brilliant, the maps easy to read and it was a doddle to fit (apart from I messed up the steering wheel control which I have yet to sort).

It's a Navall, and I am incredibly happy with it.

ditto! mine is a Navall3 and its brill!! :)

keithst24
18th December 2017, 20:56
Budget is key I think on this subject......what did you want to spend ? :smiley:

alanaslan
23rd December 2017, 21:24

Give Sean Radioguy a call look up Navall. Sean has forgotten more about android head units for 75s than most people know. both my cars have full android satnav and play my audio books even let the grand kids watch tv in the back or DVDs. The unit records the front facing dash cam and the head set automatically links to my reversing camera when I select R giving me a view as well as my parking sensors what more can I say give Sean a call. A great advantage is that if you were to ever to have problems you have got a repair service in the uk. Not like normal Chinese units if they play up they go in the bin. If a unit from Sean plays up return it to him he will fix it. But nothing plays up. I have had two non Sean units both are in the big radio bin in the sky where both of Sean’s units are working well. And the sat nav lets you use post code. So much better than my original hiline units from rover. Plus no need for the big boxes in the boot and glove box. If you have ever had a hiline unit you will know what I mean.
A personal service with a knowledgeable man to help. OH yes the steering wheel controls work with his units. I have yet to find a down side. In the passed twenty years I have put new radios into many 75s. Apart from my alpine radio cassette CD multi changer ICE unit that I fitted in my launch car, Sean’s units are the best I have found. Note my old alpine unit cost me just short of a grand back in the nineties. And my new Comet does much more for much less only thing it does not do as standard is play 4 track audio tapes. Though I am sure if you were to ask Sean he would make you a retro fit to get around that problem.
I found that cheep units did not take well to the heat that is around the car radio in the Rover the units I have bought from Sean have never been bothered by the heat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neilll
23rd December 2017, 21:33
The Derby Arms on a Satdy afternoon :icon_lol:

Billyrover, which Derby Arms is that:icon_lol::icon_lol:?
Neil