PDA

View Full Version : Door Locks ?

timspencer
13th January 2018, 08:17
I'm sure its been covered before so I apologise

However on the blue S plater the drivers door locks fine with the remote but does not unlock and needs to be done via the key.

Also both o/s doors are missing the interior button/rod

Do they fall off inside the door perhaps?

The rear door card was hanging off when I bought it as the window regulator is shot and held up by a wedge of plastic.

Thanks

stocktake
13th January 2018, 08:29
Hi Tim,
Most probable cause of drivers door issue is the door actuator mechanism itself there are two motors inside and if one fails you get this problem. The rods can fall off but I have never known it happen. there is a green clip that they push into that can break but far more probable they have been removed and not replaced.
D...

Mickyboy
13th January 2018, 08:42
Sounds like drivers door actuator is faulty sold so many of these it’s crazy, had to replace them in all my cars too.
As for the button not coming up, well I’ve seen some before where a previous owner hasn’t refitted it.
Mick

timspencer
13th January 2018, 08:58
This looks to be the case....

Micky can you help with the missing parts please?

The buttons/rods are missing completely

Also the screws and covers that fit inside the door handles.

Mickyboy
13th January 2018, 09:48
This looks to be the case....

Micky can you help with the missing parts please?

The buttons/rods are missing completely

Also the screws and covers that fit inside the door handles.

I’ll drop you a Pm mate
Mick

T16
14th January 2018, 02:27
Was there a bad batch of the door locks, or is it just that ALL the wee motors are brushed, and just wear out over time?

I keep meaning to disable that STUPID auto-lock, as that will wear them out.

Mickyboy
14th January 2018, 07:41
Was there a bad batch of the door locks, or is it just that ALL the wee motors are brushed, and just wear out over time?

I keep meaning to disable that STUPID auto-lock, as that will wear them out.

All of them mate, they are date stamped on the white /cream side, drivers locks tend to go first, probably because they get the most use.
Mick